Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin v Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez*

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Should be a superb fight - back to real boxing after the hype show a few weeks ago.

I reckon GGG by late stoppage, but I expect a war and probably knockdowns both ways.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Really looking forward to this. Could well be one of the greatest fights of all time.

GGG to win...just.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
I feel canelo can win as I think he is the only boxer in the division who will be able to take ggg's power and also has enough power to hurt golovkin.

Golovkin normally just walks through everyone unharmed but that won't happen tonight.

Going to be a cracker.

Also, might get to see Saunders get knocked out by Willy Monroe.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So close to call this one, really could go either way but I just suspect GGG will catch Canelo and his power will prove too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Canelo seems to get favours from the judges with their scorecards so if this does go the distance I don't think GGG will get a fair result. Hopefully GGG wins inside the distance.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
GGG was awful in his last fight. One bad performance or over the hill? Canelo always seems to come into the ring twice the size he was at the weigh in, but this is up another weight class. GGG for me, but not a certainty.

Also recommend the UK bouts Dubouis and Yarde both look top prospects.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
GGG was awful in his last fight. One bad performance or over the hill? Canelo always seems to come into the ring twice the size he was at the weigh in, but this is up another weight class. GGG for me, but not a certainty.

Also recommend the UK bouts Dubouis and Yarde both look top prospects.

Better learn to spell Dubois. All over in 48 seconds. Vicious knock out.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Been waiting for this one for a few years now.
Should be an excellent fight.

GGG wins it in the last couple of rounds.

Saunders should be a good fight too.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Better learn to spell Dubois. All over in 48 seconds. Vicious knock out.

Yep, very vicious and clinical finish.

Early days of course, but he has the signs of being something special.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Canelo seems to get favours from the judges with their scorecards so if this does go the distance I don't think GGG will get a fair result. Hopefully GGG wins inside the distance.

Spot on prediction. PM me this Tuesdays Euro millions lottery numbers if you'll be so kind

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
To be honest I thought a draw was a fair result. The commentary was ridiculously overstating GGG success, I wasn't sure what fight they were watching. Canelo clearly won first and last two rounds and there were at least two in the middle that were very very close. GGG was the more aggressive but his actual work and shots were very sloppy with very little clean stuff landing.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I had it for GGG by two.

How on earth Adelaide Byrd had it 118-110 for Canelo is beyond me.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Draw or a small GGG win for me in the end had Canelo 2 up after the first 2 and he won the last 2. GGG threw a lot more in the middle rounds and won 4 or 5 of them. Couple of very even rounds as well. 115-113 in GGGs favour or 114-114 sound about right.
No idea where the 118-110 came from though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here