Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not upset with the result...

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I agree, however the BHA internet police tend to disagree... we aren't allowed opinions that don't match their's ... shhhh

He's a mix of stuart Pearce, roberto Carlos and Ashley cole. Better ?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Nope we did very well against West Brom but quite how that makes us a decent side at home escapes me. We may well turn out to be decent but one result does not make us so.

It just concerns me that we are so reliant on defending against teams that have the quality to eventually unpick us and then we have nothing to offer. I see us struggling to come back once we go a goal down.

I meant our home record is pretty good and the WBA result suggests that we could well continue that this season which may be enough with a few wins on the road. When we attacked Bournemouth we looked every bit a Prem side and I think we will get better as the new intake settle in. Watching MOTD I would say there are a lot of poor sides in this division and I think we have enough to stay safe

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nope we did very well against West Brom but quite how that makes us a decent side at home escapes me. We may well turn out to be decent but one result does not make us so.

It just concerns me that we are so reliant on defending against teams that have the quality to eventually unpick us and then we have nothing to offer. I see us struggling to come back once we go a goal down.

My feeling is Hughton needs to consider using his subs more positively. At the moment he's like a cricket captain he moves a 2nd slip in after the ball has edged through 2nd slip. Saturday and last night I'd have had Knocky off to see what Izquierdo is about, probably on 60mins last night. I don't think Hughton can do much tactically if our team get pegged back other than yelling 'get up' & 'keep the ball' but he can influence change through substitutions. Perhaps Izquierdo is not ready yet or showing it in training, but that pace would have worried them much earlier.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
All very naive stuff.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

What the hell is that suppose to mean?
The poster is making a valid point about substitutions. Ibe changed the game, whilst we retained ineffective players on the pitch until the manager made his reactive decisions. Shit, Plan A is out the window, what do we do now. CH is rigid and formulaic and that has its strengths and has got us to where we are now. However, in the PL, caution inevitably results in defeat. Our supposed talisman ( Knockaert ) has been largely ineffective in 5 games now but was kept on until late in the game, when his abject failure to defend properly ( together with Hemed ) resulted in Ibe setting up a goal. There is no unwritten rule that says subs can't be made before the 80th minute ( Peter Taylor once made a triple change in the 28th min when we were two down and salvaged a draw ) The game was crying out for an injection of pace at HT and surely it was time to have given our record signing a decent run-out. None of us have a clue what he is capable of. CH is only proactive when it concerns the defence. e.g Bruno at Watford. You only get limited opportunities to win games at this level and losing to a bang average and out of sorts Bmuff, does nothing to allay fears that the overly cautious approach will gain us very little.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
I'm upset with the result, another possible point or even 3 allowed to slip away. 4 points from 5 games, will see us end with around 30 - 32 points if repeated, not enough to stay up.

Same as Watford, we should have had 3 points, that's 4 or 6 points squandered already, against lower level Premier level teams. (Watford wont end up top half imho)

Scary, as we haven't visited any of the big boys yet!

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
PL history shows January is more often than not too late. Players don't normally sign at the beginning of the month, but towards the end, leaving just a few short months with some bloody hard fixtures to amass a lot of wins to stay up.

The key is getting plenty of points before the window. Over to CH.
Yep spot on and when you're down there who of quality will sign as a long contract isn't going to happen !!
Will be a championship striker or a prem loan...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I saw that and it was just after he'd come on. Total lack of effort.

I have been a big fan of Murray since he first joined us but I fear age has caught up with him at this level. He seems more intent in fouling the opposition than playing football so far this season. Shame, I had hoped he would step up. He has been totally ineffective every time I have seen him this season.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I stormed off to bed last night and woke up still feeling really disappointed at the result and how we let three points slip away. I am trying to focus on the fact that we did play well for 15 minutes or so in the second half, but it's not working. I do not think we are doomed by any means, but imho this was the most worrying result so far this season - despite a couple of good performances from Dunk (again) and Stephens (relieved to see him back in form). We need to regroup and get something against Newcastle.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm upset with the result, another possible point or even 3 allowed to slip away. 4 points from 5 games, will see us end with around 30 points if repeated, not enough to stay up.

Same as Watford, we should have had 3 points, that's 4 or 6 points frivolously squandered already, against lower level Premier level teams. (Watford wont end up top half imho_)

Very disappointing as Watford and last night you fancy should have returned more than a point, HOWEVER, that is only 2 games at home, 1 against probably the title winners this season. 7 from 6 won't feel quite so bad, but we are putting more and more pressure on our home games.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shirley with both goals being assisted comfortably in front of the penalty area the 'blame' (the other team is allowed to score good goals) has to lay with Propper and Dunk,

Had Suttner been there to defend the simple pass would have been out wide for a 2 touch set up bye-line cross.
Goals from that would have resulted in Suttner getting pelters.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Very disappointing as Watford and last night you fancy should have returned more than a point, HOWEVER, that is only 2 games at home, 1 against probably the title winners this season. 7 from 6 won't feel quite so bad, but we are putting more and more pressure on our home games.

Yep, to think we haven't played any of the Big boys away from home, but have managed 1 point against 3 of the lesser sides on paper.

All well and good, but the home form will need to see us beat the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Man C, Man U, Chelsea Spurs etc to carry us home..... and that's barring any disasters against the average teams of which there are likely to be one or two.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Once they took the lead we were ****ed. We had absolutely nothing to offer in the last 15. Not happy with how we ended the game at all. A team that is losing normally manages to threaten a little, we couldn't even keep the ball let alone do anything with it.

Not upset with the result? It's ruined my weekend. We looked like a threat for about 15 mins of the 90, I'm disappointed. First half we gave Bournemouth so much respect that I thought they might be a top six side, not one that hadn't got a point.

Howe out thought Hughton on the night. Although they were two very well worked and taken goals we never looked capable of recovering, that is a worry to me.

Best post Ive read on here.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yep, to think we haven't played any of the Big boys away from home, but have managed 1 point against 3 of the lesser sides on paper.

All well and good, but the home form will need to see us beat the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Man C, Man U, Chelsea Spurs etc to carry us home..... and that's barring any disasters against the average teams of which there are likely to be one or two.

Not really, 9 wins, 3 draws 7defeats at home, with a win and 7 draws away would see us safe...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I hate losing to Bournemouth.

Not Palace hate, but close enough.

So no I'm not happy with the result... far from it.

But both their goals were very good goals, which makes slightly easier to take.
Happy with the performance of the team, but as others have said, With Bruno in the team it would have been a different result.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
The back line was resolute first half when basically all possession was handed to Bournemouth, it was a good defensive shape that gave no real chances away.

Although the second half started more attacking, it wasn't long before the defence was having to concentrate and work again, and at some point against any PL side, a crack is likely. Fair enough the first half was planned defending in depth, but second half wasn't, it was more chaotic and that's bound to happen at some point.

For me, the attack and midfield needs to carry more forward threat. Push the opposition back physically or give them the threat in mind to keep them back a little mentally. Give the back line a little less to do!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I meant our home record is pretty good and the WBA result suggests that we could well continue that this season which may be enough with a few wins on the road. When we attacked Bournemouth we looked every bit a Prem side and I think we will get better as the new intake settle in. Watching MOTD I would say there are a lot of poor sides in this division and I think we have enough to stay safe

One win in the prem and were a decent side at home? Give it 10 home games and then judge

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
We are missing Kayal/Sidwell how many times from corners etc they were first to challenge the attacking player.We need different midfield options away games.Brown might help but having Murphy and Jose on the bench does not help Chiris's options

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

One point and one goal from Leicester, Watford and Bmuff away, with much tougher tests to come, suggests that we are going to get very little away from home. CH will set us up to be cautious and inevitably we will be picked off. On the evidence so far, we will struggle to get 10 away points. At home we are unlikely to beat Chelsea, Tottenham, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool, so the pressure will really be on. We have to target 30 home points minimum and with a sprinkling of draws that means we need to win at least 8.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here