Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not upset with the result...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Falling behind in our goal for 40 points. Chalked in a point from this game. Now, we've got to get a point at harder venue. e.g. West Ham

Trouble is we might have to get 40 pts after our visit to Palace in March as our end season is more difficult. Newcastle is a 3 pointer.

D

Deleted member 22389

Disappointed and would have been over the moon with a draw. I thought we played well. Perspective, Bournemouth have had two seasons in this league, they know how it works. We are still learning.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
We are Brighton, not Man city or Chelsea... Not quite sure what you expectations are? We more than held our own this evening to a decent and proven PL side (away from home). Very unlucky not to get at least get a draw. Apart from our overall threat in the final third I thought we played well.

And there lies the problem no threat in final third

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Once they took the lead we were ****ed. We had absolutely nothing to offer in the last 15. Not happy with how we ended the game at all. A team that is losing normally manages to threaten a little, we couldn't even keep the ball let alone do anything with it.

Not upset with the result? It's ruined my weekend. We looked like a threat for about 15 mins of the 90, I'm disappointed. First half we gave Bournemouth so much respect that I thought they might be a top six side, not one that hadn't got a point.

Howe out thought Hughton on the night. Although they were two very well worked and taken goals we never looked capable of recovering, that is a worry to me.

Last edited:

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Once they took the lead we were ****ed. We had absolutely nothing to offer in the last 15. Not happy with how we ended the game at all. A team that is losing normally manages to threaten a little, we couldn't even keep the ball let alone do anything with it.

Not upset with the result? It's ruined my weekend. We looked like a threat for about 15 mins of the 90, I'm disappointed. First half we gave Bournemouth so much respect that I thought they might be a top six side, not one that hadn't got a point.

Howe out thought Hughton on the night.

I think that this just about sums it up.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I think that this just about sums it up.
Especially "Howe outthought Hughton". Textbook NSC kneejerk negativity after a defeat and disrespect for our own.

Bournemouth finished 9th last season having spent vast sums on players. We were away at their ground and they dominated possession before their PL quality around our box finally got them goals. How all that is Chris Hughton's fault rather escapes me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Nomad, I've just read this thread right through, and have just one question. Had you been heavy on the sauce last night?!!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Especially "Howe outthought Hughton". Textbook NSC kneejerk negativity after a defeat and disrespect for our own.

Bournemouth finished 9th last season having spent vast sums on players. We were away at their ground and they dominated possession before their PL quality around our box finally got them goals. How all that is Chris Hughton's fault rather escapes me.

We chose to take the game to Bournemouth for about 15 minutes,we scored and Howe brought on subs who changed the game. We then looked completely incapable of mounting a come back. Is that knee jerk or is it how it was?

I believe that we will be concede every time we try and defend for most of a game and I struggle to see us coming back once we are behind.

Most teams have more PL quality than Bournemouth too, which is why defending all game is not a great tactic imo.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The good news is that we are having games where we can get points. The bad news is that we have let points slip away at Watford and now at Bournemouth. There will be lots of games in which we have no sniff of points so we really must get them when the chance is there. We can't let Watford and Bournemouth happen again. We also need to grab a few points in some games that we have not really been in with a shout.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
We chose to take the game to Bournemouth for about 15 minutes,we scored and Howe brought on subs who changed the game. We then looked completely incapable of mounting a come back. Is that knee jerk or is it how it was?

I believe that we will be concede every time we try and defend for most of a game and I struggle to see us coming back once we are behind.

Most teams have more PL quality than Bournemouth too, which is why defending all game is not a great tactic imo.
All very naive stuff.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I thought we defended well first half, had a go early doors second half and were unlucky not to press home our advantage then. We had them on the ropes and they were there for the taking but it wasn't to be. On balance I think we just shaded it. Not too disappointed with the result as a few weeks ago it looked like we were going to sink without trace but I think we have shown enough that we are more than capable of avoiding relegation this season
Fook me.... it was Bournemouth.... not Man U.....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

Clearly we have already forgotten the WBA result and the fact we are a decent side at home

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

That's how I saw it. Really impressed with how we started the 2nd half, even after we scored we looked positive, however, as much as we can talk about subs, we simply cannot make so many errors. Duffy's clearance, okay a cute back heal but then diving in, error after error. Same for the 2nd, Knocky and Hemed - U8s would be embarrassed at that closing down, then ball watching to leave Defoe free - these were concentration errors you can avoid making the opposition score much harder goals. Very disappointed as we really did gift 2 goals there.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was Bournemouth away. We rarely win at Bournemouth, no matter what division we are in. Football isn't logical, nor does it always run to form.
I reckon we'll lose on Tuesday, too. Yes, I'm going, but still will be amazed if we get anything.

This season will be a roller coaster. It's the Albion way.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Clearly we have already forgotten the WBA result and the fact we are a decent side at home

Nope we did very well against West Brom but quite how that makes us a decent side at home escapes me. We may well turn out to be decent but one result does not make us so.

It just concerns me that we are so reliant on defending against teams that have the quality to eventually unpick us and then we have nothing to offer. I see us struggling to come back once we go a goal down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here