Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not upset with the result...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

We can try it another way.

Defoe has the ball outside the box, smack bang in the middle. He rolls the ball an inch to the left, shoots and scores. Who's at fault? Suttner? Because he's meant to "boss" that side of the pitch?

Edit: his right, our left. #perspective

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Every argument is based on logic at a base level.

My point is that more than one player plays on that side of the pitch and we had 11 men behind the ball for both goals.
If we have 11 men behind the ball can we have at least a couple of players put in some tackles. To me we seemed to ball watch and not go with their runners.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I thought we defended well first half, had a go early doors second half and were unlucky not to press home our advantage then. We had them on the ropes and they were there for the taking but it wasn't to be. On balance I think we just shaded it. Not too disappointed with the result as a few weeks ago it looked like we were going to sink without trace but I think we have shown enough that we are more than capable of avoiding relegation this season

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I thought we defended well first half, had a go early doors second half and were unlucky not to press home our advantage then. We had them on the ropes and they were there for the taking but it wasn't to be. On balance I think we just shaded it. Not too disappointed with the result as a few weeks ago it looked like we were going to sink without trace but I think we have shown enough that we are more than capable of avoiding relegation this season

And let's not forget the two off the line and hitting the crossbar. We must have seen more woodwork early season than any other team in the Prem?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
From what I've seen of suttner, Im not getting why we pursued him so hard and paid top dollar.
He's not terrible, he just looks like an average championship player.
I'm surprised we couldn't have got better for less.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If we had scored those two goals we'd have been pretty damned happy with the cute passes into goal.

I just have a couple of bad itches. Now please, I am not bedwetting, JCL'ing or anything else. I'm not happy with tonight's result, like all us lot but take it on the chin, 30+ games to improve, and I think we are by the game.

But, two players just don't seem to be up to standard. One is Hemed, although that isn't his fault, we couldn't get anyone better in the summer and he is trying his hardest. And to be fair to the lad he did score a pearler last week, but over a season? Nah

The other is Suttner, I'm absolutely not sure what his input is? Both their goals scored down his side, March spends more time defending than attacking, I just don't know what to make of this lad, other than we probably bought him past his prime.

There was also a close up of Murray not bothering with a high ball and I thought 'old Murray is back'.

Anyway I thought we played well enough for at least one point.

Agree with March spending too much time deep,it may seem a natural thing, but I think he need to keep his chin up. He's a winger, not a defender, needs to put his trust in the defenders, and give them an outlet.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
From what I've seen of suttner, Im not getting why we pursued him so hard and paid top dollar.
He's not terrible, he just looks like an average championship player.
I'm surprised we couldn't have got better for less.

I agree, however the BHA internet police tend to disagree... we aren't allowed opinions that don't match their's ... shhhh

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Agree with March spending too much time deep,it may seem a natural thing, but I think he need to keep his chin up. He's a winger, not a defender, needs to put his trust in the defenders, and give them an outlet.

I can only think two things Phil.

1. He's not confident in his full back
2. The manager has told him his first port of call is his defensive stint.

Now... before I get my throat jumped down again, that is fair enough, but if no.2 why sign a full back you are not 100% confident in?
If no.1 then that is why Solly is doing so much more than he should be.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Fook me.... it was Bournemouth.... not Man U.....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Fook me.... it was Bournemouth.... not Man U.....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

We are Brighton, not Man city or Chelsea... Not quite sure what you expectations are? We more than held our own this evening to a decent and proven PL side (away from home). Very unlucky not to get at least get a draw. Apart from our overall threat in the final third I thought we played well.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We have a squad more than capable of staying in the Prem, and watching us tonight at times, and last weekend, passing the ball at pace with confidence is something I have never seen from a Brighton team, even back in the halcyon days of the late 70s. I am not targeting players as such, I am just expressing a view that Hemed and Suttner worry me. I wasn't happy that Murray showed no enthusiasm either, he did the same last Saturday, it felt like Murray of old. I am, but I am not criticising players because I want them to prove me wrong and for my posts to be bounced and I'll happily be called a c'unt when they step up to the plate, in fact I'll buy all those a beer that step up to me, tap me on the shoulder and say 'I told you so'! Just for now, Suttner worries me. That is all.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
The good news is we are clearly just as good as the rest of the bottom half of the Premier League.
The bad news is we are getting less points than we deserve for our performances (I.e Watford, Bournemouth). That could prove very costly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here