Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan Ibe

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Changed the course of the game tonight... felt Suttner was exposed on the left and struggled with his pace.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Being saying this about Suttner. He isn't much of an improvement over Bong. Looks a weak link

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Changed the course of the game tonight... felt Suttner was exposed on the left and struggled with his pace.

The goals were not down to Suttner. Nor was he exposed for a lack of pace during the game. He certainly wasn't targeted as a weak link and they didn't try to attack down his flank to try to expose it (because this 'weakness' doesn't exist)

The first half they had a lot of possession and still created very little and Suttner was a part of that and certainly wasn't exposed for any sort of 'lack of pace' during the game.

I don't get the need to find a scapegoat after a negative result and I fail to see how it will help our goal of survival in any way

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Thought Suttner played a really good game. He wasn't to blame for either goal if the aim is to find a scapegoat. And sometimes great play works regardless of defenders

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Agreed, we were well on our way to executing a game plan until his substitution - we simply didn't know how to deal with him.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Thought Suttner played a really good game. He wasn't to blame for either goal if the aim is to find a scapegoat. And sometimes great play works regardless of defenders

Far from looking for a scapegoat, just my perspective sat in the stands. Sutner was excellent vs WBA but felt solly and Suttner weren't at the races today (as did folk around me) and that despite Sollys goal

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Far from looking for a scapegoat, just my perspective sat in the stands. Sutner was excellent vs WBA but felt solly and Suttner weren't at the races today (as did folk around me) and that despite Sollys goal

Yes, not criticising you, the game is great in part because people see it differently. I just thought he played well, and has been a great addition, quiet and solid. But let's see, early days. And I am enjoying the ride, wherever we end up at the end of the season.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
The goals were not down to Suttner. Nor was he exposed for a lack of pace during the game. He certainly wasn't targeted as a weak link and they didn't try to attack down his flank to try to expose it (because this 'weakness' doesn't exist)

The first half they had a lot of possession and still created very little and Suttner was a part of that and certainly wasn't exposed for any sort of 'lack of pace' during the game.

I don't get the need to find a scapegoat after a negative result and I fail to see how it will help our goal of survival in any way

Exactly this. Neither goal came from Suttners mistakes. The first was a good bit of skill by Ibe and the second was Hemed and Knockhaert not making a tackle on Ibe, To say Suttner is poor is, as you say, making him the scapegoat.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Solly has so much talent at his feet. He is also, by his own admission, a confidence player. I have plenty of time for Solly to find his feet in the Prem, because I definitely believe he will rip full backs a new one once he realises he can skin them.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Solly has so much talent at his feet. He is also, by his own admission, a confidence player. I have plenty of time for Solly to find his feet in the Prem, because I definitely believe he will rip full backs a new one once he realises he can skin them.

And once he isn't tied down covering for defenders in the cautious approach. He can't do it all.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
The irony is that both goals came
through the heart of our defence & not out wide.Carragher said during the first half that they needed to get it out wide because there was no space through the middle.We were undone by somebody doing something different.It won't be the last time this season that it will happen.We just need to dust ourselves down & move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Did Solly's game change once he'd switched over to the other side? Nope. Still tracking back, chasing, running, working.

That's my point. It doesn't matter what side he's on. Because he's working so hard in our solid approach, covering his full backs and spoiling runners, that leaves little opportunity for us to see the gifted March running at teams or playing an incisive pass on the counter.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ibe would have made no money on shirts, I reckon they insisted he was called Jord(o?)n.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here