Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hats off to Lewis Dunk

47 SN

Sep 12, 2017
Dunky

High Quality performance from Dunk tonight, he gives us stability at the back and kept us in the game tonight. He is a worthy captain and i believe he should be permanently. England is just around the corner for our vast standard centre back!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Great defender and shows real composure bringing the ball out from the back. Passing is 2nd to none.
Will be a Brighton play for the rest of this season.
After that who knows. If we stay up I think he will stay unless a top 6 side want him. Currently I think Liverpool and Arsenal even United could do a lot worse and he would defo suit cities passing style. Don't think he would get a look in at Spurs currently with their options and Chelsea well who knows what CBs they even have as so many decent ones are out on loan.
If we went down though think anyone of 18/19 teams would be interested in having him.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Dunk already knows he's more than good enough for the prem I can see him gone in Jan that would be a massive shame but if it allowed us to strengthen elsewhere and kept us up there are worse trades to be done

As I already said... he won't be worth any less in May, so unless Bloom is skint and needs money for the strikers I don't think he will be going anywhere in January. Bit pointless selling your best defender when you are trying to stay in this division. If we go down, then yes there is a very good chance he will be sold.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that with Russia possibly in his sights he could be gone in January as I said previously if Keane is worth £30m then Lewis is worth at least that amount to a club struggling in defence. I think Liverpool will buy Van Dijk and Arsenal will go for Lewis.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I would think that with Russia possibly in his sights he could be gone in January as I said previously if Keane is worth £30m then Lewis is worth at least that amount to a club struggling in defence. I think Liverpool will buy Van Dijk and Arsenal will go for Lewis.

Why do you think we will sell our best defender and just accept relegation? He won't make the England squad for Russia.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why do you think we will sell our best defender and just accept relegation? He won't make the England squad for Russia.

2 points. Money will dictate it if Goldson/ Hunemier can make the step up and he is better than Keane who has made the squad so why shouldnt he? If he leaves that is not accepting relegation as inevitable provide we replace him with a decent player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here