Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marc Bolan: Cosmic Dancer . 40 years tomorrow

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Tomorrow it will be the 40th anniversary of his death. He would also have been 70 this month.

Tonight BBC4 9pm. Marc Bolan: Cosmic Dancer. A profile using his own words. (Set to record obviously).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tomorrow it will be the 40th anniversary of his death. He would also have been 70 this month.

Tonight BBC4 9pm. Marc Bolan: Cosmic Dancer. A profile using his own words. (Set to record obviously).

Never a HUGE fan, but could be interesting.......also set to record.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Great stuff. I have also set it to record - and the Glam Rock at the BBC programme that follows. Cheers Marlowe.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
40 years ago ffs where did the time go ?

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
There is a shrine to him at the spot where he ploughed into a tree on Barnes Common. I pass it when I drive to the Cottage. There's obviously still fans who place tributes to him on it.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The following programme (Glam Rock at the BBC) started with Alice Cooper, Roxy Music and that jaw dropping ToTP performance of Starman by Bowie. This is going to be brilliant I thought but we ended up with Mud and Wizzard so I switched it off.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
About 30 years ago I was a passenger in a car being driven somewhat erratically by a friend late at night along a country lane. "Get it On" by Marc Bolan was playing on the cassette player. My friend had cause to suddenly swerve the car which resulted in the car rolling over three times. After the accident I retrieved the cassette and thought it quite ironic that Bolan was playing on the cassette at the time of the accident given the manner of his own death. When I later played the cassette at the point where it stopped as a result of the accident I discovered that immediately before the accident he had sung the line "You're built like a car you've got a hub cap diamond star halo". A bit spooky I thought at the time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just watching it, he really was very good and great shame he died so early on

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've been a big fan of Bolan for years but I never knew that the Gloria Jones who was his girlfriend was the same Gloria Jones that sang Tainted Love; I just thought it was a coincidence.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Have to say that I thought he came across as a narcissistic purveyor of dreadful acoustic whimsy (a kind of Ryman League version of Donovon) UNTIL he put together a series of really good singles, one of which anticipated very cleverly the Arsenal striker ('Olivier Geroud - Is it Really You?).
He certainly lacked for nothing in the self-belief department!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
A dandy in the otherworld, some great tunes and songs, difficult to be different, thanks to this thread am downloading now, cheers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here