On the Border
513JflaGyHL.jpg

Not a bad double cd of pub rock classics

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not having that about Brinsley Schwarz, a wonderful band but seeing as they only existed between 1969 and 1975 they are out of your pedantic timescale. Not being able to spell them right either is a bit of a giveaway.

But.... I actually saw them live so I saw of what I speak. They supported Ace at the Hove Town Hall (in about 74 or 5 - I am pedantic about later music, but I was nevertheless paying attention earlier). They were . . . . destind to split up and go on to beter things (Lowe, anyway).

Apologies to besmirch your memories, though. Taste is personal, of course :thumbsup:

Is there a thread for worst live performance, I idly wonder? For me, some standouts are Budgie at the Roundhouse, Curved Air at the Dome (Sonja=tone deaf or drunk), Elton John (doing Benny and the Jets dirge at Wembley), and worst of all, Bachman Turner Overdrive headlining (with Phil Lynott's Thin Lizzy supporting) at Hammersmith Odeon - moronic mormon fatty bore noisewombles.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

I remember them playing Worthing Assembly Rooms in 1975. Very mixed audience with heads in Afghan coats crashed out on the floor and young girls in tartan singing 'we want the Rollers'. Also one of the worst support bands I have ever seen.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The depressions

... who changed their name to The DPs (and dyed their hair blond to fit in with a punk ethos - looked weird on a bunch of 30 year olds).

Dave Barnard is still around, playing in a band called Tonge (with Eric from The Depressions). The band
have just got a new album out - one that was recorded in 1972 and not released.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
... who changed their name to The DPs (and dyed their hair blond to fit in with a punk ethos - looked weird on a bunch of 30 year olds).

Dave Barnard is still around, playing in a band called Tonge (with Eric from The Depressions). The band

Thanks for that, this would be the only place i could ask this question, :rock:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Thanks for that, this would be the only place i could ask this question, :rock:

recall a TV piece in the clock tower toilets.or was it the molesters?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Tonge were also his band prior to the Depressions - what goes around comes around

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here