Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your favourite ever football photograph?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
7e67894027438cad09f46755d521facb.jpg

My two lads either side of their Cousin

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Went to The Homes Of Football when it was a shop in The Lake District and there was some amazing ones in there, particularly one of Beckham taking a corner at Old Trafford, I’ll try and find it.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Great thread.

I can't remember where I first saw this picture but I really like it.

View attachment 89420

Never seen it before but it’s brilliant and shows how we can all dream about playing in the cup final. Look at the keeper’s concentration (he’s in the wrong place), how the kids know to use their hands to protect something (but get it wrong) plus of course the kid with the hoodie!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You sure you’ve got the right game? Beckham wasn’t first goal scorer. He didn’t even score England’s first that day.

Ha funny how my mind is going your right, I know it was a sunday because we went to monkey world on the Saturday and camped over, and missed the game stuck in traffic getting into London and heard him score on the radio (against Ecuador 2006 I had to look it up)so it was a complexity different game your right..

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Chelsea's Ron (Chopper) Harris brazenly flaunting the trappings of his wealth in the early70s. While today's multi millionaire footballers' status symbols include super cars, diamond encrusted rolex watches and luxury mansions, Ron (Chopper) Harris's decadent extravagance extended to a wheel barrow,* a plug-in kettle and an upright hoover.

e9c3527f-453a-470f-811b-228e016e15f7-1987x2040.jpeg

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Chelsea's Ron (Chopper) Harris brazenly flaunting the trappings of his wealth in the early70s. While today's multi millionaire footballers' status symbols include super cars, diamond encrusted rolex watches and luxury mansions, Ron (Chopper) Harris's decadent extravagance extended to a wheel barrow,* a plug-in kettle and an upright hoover.

View attachment 94193

and a rather nice leather manbag :lolol:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
and a rather nice leather manbag :lolol:

The manbag has clearly seen better days as it has a badly split seam at one end. I did however overlook the aluminium teapot. We mere mortals could only dream of owning an aluminium teapot in the early 70s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here