Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bronze Memberships

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We are a third of the way through October and the club have still not dispatched the kids (YS+) packs. Both my lads spent their own pocket money on YS+ membership back in flipping May. They have received nothing 5 months later. Not good enough.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Anyone yet? I think my desire for this goodie tin is slightly irrational but I get more impatient the more the club make me wait.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
The club are really pushing Bronze memberships today. I've received two emails.

1. Non-STH / Non-member: If you want a Liverpool ticket you'll want to be signing up to be a member today.
2. STH: If you want to bring a guest to the Liverpool game, you'll want to tell them to sign up to be a member today.

I’ve been getting a few emails recently about the bronze membership. I had it (or it’s equivalent) the last few years but decided not to pay since I hadn’t had to pay to renew before and felt it was another way to more money out of occasional yet loyal fans. I do wonder how many did the same as me because I haven’t had a problem getting a ticket so far this season.

Ripon Gull

Feb 9, 2012
My tin arrived in Cumbria yesterday, but I'm not that bothered about it. As a supporter of 50 years, the reason why I purchased bronze membership was to enhance my chances of getting tickets for all the away games north of Birmingham (amongst others). Now I find that tickets are sold out for every game well before I'm eligible to apply. I see no reason why this situation should change. So for me, buying bronze membership was essentially a waste of money. I have followed the Albion the length and breadth of the country, come rain come shine and to some pretty grotty places. It now appears that such loyalty counts for nothing. Loyal supporters are considered to be those who buy season tickets. The scheme is seriously flawed and needs an overhaul.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
My tin arrived in Cumbria yesterday, but I'm not that bothered about it. As a supporter of 50 years, the reason why I purchased bronze membership was to enhance my chances of getting tickets for all the away games north of Birmingham (amongst others). Now I find that tickets are sold out for every game well before I'm eligible to apply. I see no reason why this situation should change. So for me, buying bronze membership was essentially a waste of money. I have followed the Albion the length and breadth of the country, come rain come shine and to some pretty grotty places. It now appears that such loyalty counts for nothing. Loyal supporters are considered to be those who buy season tickets. The scheme is seriously flawed and needs an overhaul.

I didn't buy a membership for the same reasons you mentioned, I don't think there will be any difference in chances with or without it. How times have changed, no longer just 150 of us on a Tuesday night at Stockport, or a few hundred at Carlisle and Hartlepool (or pick anywhere else north of London) trying to be the 12th man. That no longer counts as loyalty. But this has been discussed on numerous other threads, not worth going over it again, loyalty is measured by money spent in Brighton these days.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I didn't buy a membership for the same reasons you mentioned, I don't think there will be any difference in chances with or without it. How times have changed, no longer just 150 of us on a Tuesday night at Stockport, or a few hundred at Carlisle and Hartlepool (or pick anywhere else north of London) trying to be the 12th man. That no longer counts as loyalty. But this has been discussed on numerous other threads, not worth going over it again, loyalty is measured by money spent in Brighton these days.

I bought mine with exactly the same thoughts in mind.

9am Monday morning tickets go on sale and its a free for all. That is and will always be the only fair way.

How does new young support follow the team away. No chance.

Man Utd cancelled their loyalty scheme for the exact reason to stop the same people getting the tickets.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I bought mine with exactly the same thoughts in mind.

9am Monday morning tickets go on sale and its a free for all. That is and will always be the only fair way.

How does new young support follow the team away. No chance.

Man Utd cancelled their loyalty scheme for the exact reason to stop the same people getting the tickets.

I fully understand and agree that STH should have priority, but I am getting bored with being an armchair supporter instead of going to see my team, although I do have hopes for Huddersfield and Burnley away.

Last edited:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Well, I for one am well happy with the tin of goodies. Lush tin, new keyring and a pukka car sticker. Very happy chappy!

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I fully understand and agree that STH should have priority, but I am getting bored with being an armchair supporter instead of going to see my team, although I do have hopes for Huddersfield and Burnley away.

For me no one should have priority, we all support the team the same, through circumstance some have season tickets some don't, some go away some don't, some cant get to all the matches some can, some can afford a season ticket some cant.

The list goes on......

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
For me no one should have priority, we all support the team the same, through circumstance some have season tickets some don't, some go away some don't, some cant get to all the matches some can, some can afford a season ticket some cant.

The list goes on......
As we all support the team the same it seems very strange that all the people who couldn't get to all the matches, particularly the away matches, for so many years suddenly can...any idea why so many circumstances have changed this season?

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
As we all support the team the same it seems very strange that all the people who couldn't get to all the matches, particularly the away matches, for so many years suddenly can...any idea why so many circumstances have changed this season?

I get you point.

For me I still cant and haven't been able to since I opened my business 3 years ago, that means I work most Saturdays, so had to give up my season ticket at the Amex, that followed my season ticket at Withdean, Gillingham and the Goldstone.

I still attend as many home games as possible, when I have cover. Although at £40 to £50 does make it very expensive.

Having supported the team home and away for 49 years, unfortunately because of circumstance I mean nothing to the club any more.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here