Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now we've just gone and contaminated Saturn

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Part of this mission, which to me was the most interesting was landing the Huygens probe on Titan, one of Saturn's moons. It has lakes and rain of liquid methane and a thick atmosphere. A little cold though, as its so far from the sun

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just say Saturn has it's own firm. How do you think they're going to respond to this?

"Oh, it's nothing to worry about boys, just more molecules sent from that very irritating blue planet."

or

"For God's sake boys! enough is enough. How many more times do they need to crash things into our home? That's it, get your spacecrafts on the ready boys. Let's show these Earth geezers what happens when you step on the toes of Saturn's main firm."

I think number 2 is the more likely. Thank God we've got Donald Trump!

I'll have some of whatever you've taken please !

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Loads of things sent to Mars as well, including rovers and the British beagle probe which crashed and didn't work. Aliens will know all about the British now :nono:

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
You misunderstand. How did we leave a load of stuff on the moon decades ago, without even going there?

OJ did, I saw the documentary.

I wish more people would tell Buzz Aldrin to his face that the moon landings never happened...

FuLLDKD.gif

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not content with ruining our own planet with the waste of human endeavour, we've just deliberately polluted another by crashing a craft into it. OK so the fuel would have all burned away before it hit the surface, but there remains the debris scattered over God knows how big an area which does concern me somewhat. Does anyone else feel this way?

Aren't Ford doing a Scrappage deal at the moment ?

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
annotated_earth-moon_from_saturn_1920x1080.jpg

Cassini photo of Earth from 900 million miles away. Brilliant

Attachments

• annotated_earth-moon_from_saturn_1920x1080.jpg
    annotated_earth-moon_from_saturn_1920x1080.jpg
    756.6 KB · Views: 99

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

smartferndale

Mar 21, 2013
Fake news to divert attention away from the mess the world is in. Better news would be using all the cash to feed, clothe and house flood, hurricane victims in 3 Rd world areas like Bangladesh, Tortuga and Houston. You may say I m a dreamer but I am not the only one. ......

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Possible life on other planets will have to come from somewhere, so it might as well come from us.

Unfortunately.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Fake news to divert attention away from the mess the world is in. Better news would be using all the cash to feed, clothe and house flood, hurricane victims in 3 Rd world areas like Bangladesh, Tortuga and Houston. You may say I m a dreamer but I am not the only one. ......

If you think the world is in a mess right now, you should try reading a few history books.

And you can thank space exploration for many everyday technologies we use down here on earth. Accurately monitoring developing hurricanes before they hit land and monitoring other natural disasters to help with evacuation and relief efforts is one of hundreds of reasons why its not a waste of money.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Not content with ruining our own planet with the waste of human endeavour, we've just deliberately polluted another by crashing a craft into it. OK so the fuel would have all burned away before it hit the surface, but there remains the debris scattered over God knows how big an area which does concern me somewhat. Does anyone else feel this way?

This is actually nonsense, I'm afraid. If we'd have left the probe to run out of fuel on its own, that's when it would have disrupted the environment - by most likely crashing into one of Saturn's moons and causing potentially serious damage.
NASA's scientists took the conscious decision to let it burn up in Saturn's atmosphere for exactly this reason.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here