Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
We didn't really deserve to lose but that's the way it goes sometimes. It'll be interesting to see people player scores tonight.

There were some really good performances but one or two were piss poor...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought we played alright. Quite unlucky. Annoyed me how they wasted 3 mins of the 4 added in and only a min got added!

Keep the faith - this team is good enough to stay up & that small pitch is a tough place to go.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Much too harsh. Poor mistake, but he has done pretty well for us and will be a useful squad player going forward.

He looked a fish out of water for most of the game. We looked like a liabilty at the back, Christ knows how many we would have conceded without Dunk.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
About time we played a little less defensive and put one of our wingers up front to make up for the lack of decent strikers.
Bournemouth is the type of side we should realistically be taking points off. We didn't play badly but we're so toothless in attack that i can't see where our goals will come from.
Erm, we scored 1, hit the bar and had one cleared off the line. Disorganisation after going ahead was the problem, in particular Rosenior giving the ball way in our own half to gift them the chance to create the first goal

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Very frustrating from a winning position. I can't say I'm at all surprised by the result but I'm disappointed at the lack of invention once we went behind. It seems like we don't quite believe we have the strength to compete in the Premier League yet and still play a containing game. The talent is there but the belief isn't yet. Early days though. Still largely enjoying the ride.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Please don't let Rosenior near a football pitch again.

Against younger and better wide men in the PL, it was always going to be a struggle.

Fullback is a vital position.

Regarding Ibe, the BBC team are unanonymous that he was MOTM and the game changer. Finally some pay back for the £15m, but he had the luxury of playing against a non PL class opponent.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I know, but it's the CH way. Statiscally, looking a his record, it works more often than not - so, playing the numbers, it works. It's just miserable to watch the last part of the game (the rest of the game is fine, and I want him to stay; he's a fabulous manager, but if we want him (which I do) we have to accept this as part of the package).

100% agree. He is great and we've hit the heights but bugger me if it isn't obvious and frustrating.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
We don't seem to want to make a tackle, so much laying off a man till we get to our box. It's gonna catch you out eventually: a lucky back heel for example.

I wish we could of got into them abit more, they were there for the taking.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Once we go ahead, even last season we seemed to often drop deep or go defensive. Do we not learn? Once we get 1-0 up can we not just keep tight and go for another goal? I know its easier said then done, but ughhh its frustrating.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
He's a bit useless when our defensive line contains 9 players on the edge of the penalty box.

Agree but the he seems unable to cope with the infamous 'Brighton hoof'. wins nothing in the air....that being said i wish i could have had a dirham for every time we failed to keep control of the ball from our throw ins...i would have at least 10 quid by now

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm really starting to dislike hughton

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Don't be so silly. He picked the best team he had available, he wasn't to blame for Groß being injured for their first goal, nor for a clever goal by Defoe.
He sets out the tactics, but it's down to the players to not make mistakes.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
He looked a fish out of water for most of the game. We looked like a liabilty at the back, Christ knows how many we would have conceded without Dunk.

Not fair to judge him just on tonight though. I agree, Dunk was immense and certainly saved us more than once.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here