Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Sidwelll on Talksport now.......

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's Steve Sidwell! Nothing interesting will be said. :D

Correct ! Apparently we have a few players that shave their legs, but he denied that he gets Baldock to shave his. Didn't give an indication of how long he'll be out for - just said 'a while'. As usual with twunt Brazil he then went on to ask Steve about who is going to win the prem, finish top 4 etc.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
As usual with twunt Brazil he then went on to ask Steve about who is going to win the prem, finish top 4 etc.

Sadly, that's all he's got, that's all he can bring himself to talk about. I used to love the Talksport Breakfast Show, but I'm probably going back about a decade now. How long since Porky left the show?

Since then, Alan just demonstrates ALL THE TIME that he has no knowledge of modern football, while his stories are tired and over-used. I don't actually think he even watches much of it, and as such can't give any insight or drum up any interest in anything but the top 4. I can't listen to him at all these days.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sadly, that's all he's got, that's all he can bring himself to talk about. I used to love the Talksport Breakfast Show, but I'm probably going back about a decade now. How long since Porky left the show?

Since then, Alan just demonstrates ALL THE TIME that he has no knowledge of modern football, while his stories are tired and over-used. I don't actually think he even watches much of it, and as such can't give any insight or drum up any interest in anything but the top 4. I can't listen to him at all these days.

Agreed - really is time for him to go. His presenting is awful as well - talks over people all the time, sure he is sometimes eating as he's speaking etc

I'll get flamed on here for it but I quite like some of the TS shows. Reference Porky Parry, The Two Mikes is one of my favourites - tend to listen to it on Podcast rather than live though.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Agreed - really is time for him to go. His presenting is awful as well - talks over people all the time, sure he is sometimes eating as he's speaking etc

I'll get flamed on here for it but I quite like some of the TS shows. Reference Porky Parry, The Two Mikes is one of my favourites - tend to listen to it on Podcast rather than live though.

The Andy Goldstein show from 10pm is excellent. At times he or Jason Cundy will be infuriating, but that is the aim of the show, to get people fired up and calling in - I get that. But at least Goldstein is funny, intelligent and comes across like he watches the games. Alan has just been all about his next liquid lunch, trip to the races and calling people a "tube", which is all rather dull.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I only use Talksport for my alarm now. It makes me wake up quickly to make sure it's turned off.

I listened to Brazil a lot several years ago, but never do now. In fact, it's rare that I listen to anything on Talksport now, whilst I spend far more time in my car than I used to and therefore listen to a great deal more radio.

I guess Sidwell didn't say anything of interest, then.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
The Andy Goldstein show from 10pm is excellent. At times he or Jason Cundy will be infuriating, but that is the aim of the show, to get people fired up and calling in - I get that. But at least Goldstein is funny, intelligent and comes across like he watches the games. Alan has just been all about his next liquid lunch, trip to the races and calling people a "tube", which is all rather dull.
While dozing last night Goldstein had Glenn Murray on interview, thought at the time, as it was after midnight, that he should (Glenn) be in bed but realised from the discussion that it was a recording from earlier in the evening. Anyone else hear this or did I dream it?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
On the BBC’s 1980s children in need thing now leading a band. Is there no end to this man’s talent? Lock up your wives!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here