Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Incident at Parsons Green Tube station

D

Deleted member 22389

Tolerance is not the act of agreeing with or allowing anything and everything.

So you don't agree with some aspects of the religion then. If I'm honest, some parts of the religion I feel deeply uncomfortable with, but I'm afraid the situation has been turned around in this country where we have to accept everything or be labeled for life. Just my opinion. Hope for constructive feedback.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So you don't agree with some aspects of the religion then. If I'm honest, some parts of the religion I feel deeply uncomfortable with, but I'm afraid the situation has been turned around in this country where we have to accept everything or be labeled for life. Just my opinion. Hope for constructive feedback.

I get where you are coming from with this but those who want to shut down debate and opinions need to be treated with the distain that they deserve. We are not going to get anywhere without talking about stuff. My experience is that given the opportunity to share opinions we are going to agree on far more than we disagree on.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

There's certainly a section of society that will label you for questioning aspects of Islam. They are as ignorant as those who hate Islam without understanding it. Things should be questioned and debated.

D

Deleted member 22389

There's certainly a section of society that will label you for questioning aspects of Islam. They are as ignorant as those who hate Islam without understanding it. Things should be questioned and debated.

I think many of us are in the camp of not hating it, just not liking some aspects of it. Problem is, it is those aspects that are at the core of the religion which will never change.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

What utter garbage. In this country we do not accept that women can be treated as second class citizens just because of a religion. That doesn't mean that certain elements don't treat women like that but it that is continually being exposed.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Quite clearly I can attend sports where I don't need to be segregated from the other teams fans because i'm not a ****ing immature loser would be the point to be made here.

I have family and friends who are Police. Damn glad they can carry guns to protect themselves and others from utter shit lords who have no hesitation to harm others.

Your clueless assertion that Police open fire when there is a chance of crossfire shows you have no idea what you're talking about.

Been around Police all my life who carry sidearms as part of their work equipment and never once felt unsafe or threatened. Quite the opposite, felt safe and secure knowing they were there.

I've already explained one example on when police become trigger happy and no doubt there are several more. I too have first hand knowledge of the ob and how they conduct themselves when faced under pressure and i can tell you that its not pretty, in such situations they behave over the top aggressive, irresponsible and amateurish to say the very least, nothing there that resembles the rational behaviour we come to expect from our police in fact half of them look as if their coked up to their eyeballs and are ready to kill someone. .Certain ob NOT ALL OF THEM are raving fu*king lunatics and can only be described as legalized thugs, Do i feel reassured by their presence..do i f*ck.

D

Deleted member 22389

What utter garbage. In this country we do not accept that women can be treated as second class citizens just because of a religion. That doesn't mean that certain elements don't treat women like that but it that is continually being exposed.

If you think that's utter garbage then fine, but religion works under it's own laws and not the laws of this country in some instances. This is why we have sharia courts that operate in the UK.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36587665

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If you think that's utter garbage then fine, but religion works under it's own laws and not the laws of this country in some instances. This is why we have sharia courts that operate in the UK.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36587665

They still have to operate within the laws of the UK.

Can you provide any examples where a sharia judgement has been upheld despite being in contravention of UK law?

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Where did you get the impression I thought all police should be armed with guns. For what it's worth, I don't but I do believe there is a need for armed response units which you seem to quite clearly disagree with. Also, wouldn't be adverse to more officers having tasers.

Can't believe your opening comment. Do you think outlawing guns would suddenly mean the terrorist threat would disappear? Exactly how do you think Police would then deal with an attack like in Paris in Nov 2015? Or, for that matter, dealing with the London Bridge attack.

Where is your evidence that neither weapon makes a difference in combating crime or protecting the public for that matter?

Terrorism wont disappear and no amounts of policing in the world will make it disappear, so this absurd idea that armed police on our streets is going to make us safer is fantasy stuff and utter bollox, as i keep on explaining a heavy militarized police presence if anything exacerbates trouble and increases the risk of some completely innocent bystander getting shot. look at the riots in France for evidence of this.
"Where is your evidence" ffs man the evidence is encase you hadn't noticed .. more terrorist attacks, so much for armed officers combating crime.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I get where you are coming from with this but those who want to shut down debate and opinions need to be treated with the distain that they deserve. We are not going to get anywhere without talking about stuff. My experience is that given the opportunity to share opinions we are going to agree on far more than we disagree on.

Suppression on freedom of speech ..ask ANTIFA mate they are experts in suppressing free speech...

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
You sound like someone with their head buried in the sand.

image.png

"mmmtudvisammmmmresmmmmmfurdmmmmmmmdorsmmmmmmmmmm"

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Terrorism wont disappear and no amounts of policing in the world will make it disappear, so this absurd idea that armed police on our streets is going to make us safer is fantasy stuff and utter bollox, as i keep on explaining a heavy militarized police presence if anything exacerbates trouble and increases the risk of some completely innocent bystander getting shot. look at the riots in France for evidence of this.
"Where is your evidence" ffs man the evidence is encase you hadn't noticed .. more terrorist attacks, so much for armed officers combating crime.

I never said that terrorism would disappear, you're talking a load of hysterical drivel. How many more might have died had the Police not shot the Westminster Bridge terrorist or London Bridge terrorists? What would have happened in Paris had the French Police not been able to shoot back?

As for French riots, where's the link to the deaths. I'm don't know which period you're talking about so don't know which deaths, if any, you are referring to.

And just for the record, armed police aren't just dealing with terrorists, there are any number of situations where firearms are deployed. Raul Moat springs to mind.

Going back to the poll of the met, it was suggested they should have more trained armed officers, a figure of 16% has been mooted. Not as some seem to think that every officer is armed with a gun. As for tasers, I suspect there are plenty of loud mouthed morons who would think twice about acting like a prat if there was the risk of a few thousands volts coursing through their system.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Because I think it's a bad idea to ship innocent people to a country they've possibly never been to purely to satisfy my sense of vengeance? Ok mate.

You forget one thing though, all of the cowards who have blown themselves up over the past couple of years were at one stage innocent people, no matter how far you back in their life they were, if they are not here then they cant kill us.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You forget one thing though, all of the cowards who have blown themselves up over the past couple of years were at one stage innocent people, no matter how far you back in their life they were, if they are not here then they cant kill us.

So anybody you don't like needs to be shipped abroad!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Right, so you want to deport innocent people. How do you decide who they are?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here