Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jacob Rees Mogg

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
In your little, old Tory opinion, which I'm not particularly interested in. Carry on though.

There you go, assuming I am a tory because I do not subscribe to this Juvenile mania against the conservatives. I'm not that interested in you or your views either. Yes let's carry on.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
NO nuclear deterrent is a national threat, No one wants a nuclear holocaust but you have countries threatening it. We don't threaten it but we sure can deliver it. Do you see the correlation or do you need re-education?

Tell me, how many countries have nuclear capabilities? I believe it's nine. Tell me, is Canada under imminent nuclear threat? Is Australia? How about Spain? They seem to be doing alright.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
There you go, assuming I am a tory because I do not subscribe to this Juvenile mania against the conservatives. I'm not that interested in you or your views either. Yes let's carry on.

I'm afraid we're not - it's a bit pointless 2 people conversing who aren't remotely interested in each others views. You'll have to find someone else to carry on your mania against Labour. Night, night. :wave:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't like the bloke, but it is uplifting that people rally to help their community's most vulnerable when the government aught to

It is up lifting when charities save him from spending tax-payers money on poor people when he should be using it to feather the nest of his cronies.

How anyone can suggest, or support someone who suggests that food banks being in use is uplifting is beyond me. It does make me laugh how deep into semantics some people will go to support their team though.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not really, that's an ugly front page (I don't read the Sun so I hadn't seen it), and I'm not claiming JC gets treated with kid gloves, far from it. But the attacks against JC seem to me to always be focused on policy, even that front page, ugly as it is. Conservatives often get accused of selfishness, caring about the rich and having contempt for the poor, things which go beyond criticisms of policy and enter the realm of impugning a persons character and claiming to be able to see into their soul. It's a subtle difference, but there is a difference.

I disagree here, I think the criticisms of the Conservatives you state here are entirely based on their policies. Just because some Tories are the living epitome of those policies is merely coincidence.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It is up lifting when charities save him from spending tax-payers money on poor people when he should be using it to feather the nest of his cronies.

How anyone can suggest, or support someone who suggests that food banks being in use is uplifting is beyond me. It does make me laugh how deep into semantics some people will go to support their team though.

He did say the government aught to. You miss the point in your desire to attack the tories. However your unafraid to use the weapon you complain of to join in. If that is your bent carry on...

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

AND he shifted responsibility for his Never Abortion and Never Same Sex Marriage beliefs onto Catholicism. So I'm presuming the Pope is fine and dandy is he Jake, with a hugely wealthy country whose government presides over a proliferation of food banks because, through no fault of their own, some people can't afford to buy food?

What a toad that 'man' is.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

So you don't believe that he was saying that the charitable spirit of people giving to help those who are in need is what he finds uplifting.

Instead you believe that it is the fact that people are in need - that is what he finds uplifting.

Do you think that is a realistic thing to believe?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool."
- Richard Feynman

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It is good to think there are people out there who are happy to help people in need. But they are mostly, if not all, faith-based, and the vast amjority of people who help run them would, I am sure, prefer that they did not need to exist.

And talking of faith, while Mr Rees-Mogg uses his Catholic Faith to bolster his views about abortion, same-sex marriage and the like, he seems to ignore everything that is included in that faith about helping the poor, which his party seems intent on grinding in to the ground,or peace-making or whatever else there is that his faith really should dictate he reverses his opinions.

I share an alma mater with Mr Rees-Mogg - Trinity College, Oxford. I think he is the worst of what that University can turn out.

He is what he is, a product of privilege, a rather orthodox Roman Catholic and a strange man who took his nanny on the campaign trail. It was quite interesting when, the other day, he was the eye of a social media hurricane over his views on abortion and gay marriage, which seemed to shock many who took him for a sort of Boris Johnson with a comb. Anyone who has observed his political career will not find any of these opinions at all surprising. I have a grudging sort of respect for his honesty, which is completely at odds with Theresa May's 'I'll do, say and believe absolutely anything you like if I think it'll help me keep my job' approach.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So you don't believe that he was saying that the charitable spirit of people giving to help those who are in need is what he finds uplifting.

Instead you believe that it is the fact that people are in need - that is what he finds uplifting.

Do you think that is a realistic thing to believe?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool."
- Richard Feynman

I think that one of the ruling classes commenting on foodbanks, when it was their policies that made them a necessity is crass beyond belief. Do I think that he takes any joy from the fact that charities are being forced to clean up his mess? Yes I do think that that is a realistic thing to believe.

My point is that he would probably be better off keeping that joy to himself.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
He did say the government aught to. You miss the point in your desire to attack the tories. However your unafraid to use the weapon you complain of to join in. If that is your bent carry on...

A government that he is a part of? Well it is nice of him to concede that they are not doing their jobs properly.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
More people use food banks because there free not because they can't afford food.

You can easily cook a decent meal for 4 on £20-£40 a week.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I think that one of the ruling classes commenting on foodbanks, when it was their policies that made them a necessity is crass beyond belief. Do I think that he takes any joy from the fact that charities are being forced to clean up his mess? Yes I do think that that is a realistic thing to believe.

No one is owed a living. Community is at the heart of protecting. The state is a cumbersome fool, inefficient and run by those who pander to the masses to keep power. This guy is a complete knob though

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

Wrong. Again. Soup Kitchens and poor feeding houses/kitchens have been with us across both conservative/Labour/Hung governments. Fact.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Wrong. Again. Soup Kitchens and poor feeding houses/kitchens have been with us across both conservative/Labour/Hung governments. Fact.

Not wrong at all. All those governments you mention are the ruling classes that I mentioned. Fact.

Take your Red V Blue glasses off.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Not wrong at all. All those governments you mention are the ruling classes that I mentioned. Fact.

Take your Red V Blue glasses off.

I am not a tory, I am not pro Labour. I am me, not defined by political ideologies. Yes you are wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here