Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North korea makes statement to the US and Japan

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I don't think he was. He was close to rocket missiles - but that's all.

You may be incorrect there.

Towards the close of the 2nd World War, Werner Von Braun exited Nazi Germany for the US with his dossier and blueprints, and was the one who developed the bomb for the US - The Manhattan project was the first use which was against Japan. I think they were pretty close - VE day was some time before VJ day !

On the other hand, perhaps I may be wrong !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The DPRK Twitter account is well worth following. These gems are just from today.

[tweet]908355191455576065[/tweet]

[tweet]908357708243501062[/tweet]

[tweet]908334174913822726[/tweet]

Fat 'un in top pic has had his belly photoshopped away....the vain ****.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
i recall the Russin and Chinese did side against NK in the last UN statement after the missle the other week. as things stand, China backs NK if they are attacked but not if they make a pre-emptive strike. so all this posturing is really just that, because if NK shots first they lose their only ally and get bombed to the stone age.

Exactly.

Fat 'un will no more launch a nuke than Iran will nuke Israel.

This nuclear deterrence thing is pretty cool - who'd have thunk it (back in 81, when even I went a-marching for unilateral disarmament).

But it won't deter the suicidal warrior....Isis is of this mindset as we all know, but Fat 'un isn't.

Is he? :mad::down::shrug:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Fat 'un in top pic has had his belly photoshopped away....the vain ****.

Photoshop one of the world's greatest living men? Never.

You are aware aren't you that that he first picked up a golf club in 1994 aged 10 at North Korea's only golf course and shot a 38-under par round that included no fewer than 11 holes in one. According to his biog he was so satisfied with his performance, he immediately declared his retirement from the sport.

Recently he climbed N. Korea's highest mountain in just shoes and a warm coat. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-un-climbs-North-Koreas-highest-mountain.html

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The rallies with thousands of troops is very worrying, just like it was for the Nazis, but we beat them..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You are aware aren't you that that he first picked up a golf club in 1994 aged 10 at North Korea's only golf course and shot a 38-under par round that included no fewer than 11 holes in one. According to his biog he was so satisfied with his performance, he immediately declared his retirement from the sport.

Recently he climbed N. Korea's highest mountain in just shoes and a warm coat. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-un-climbs-North-Koreas-highest-mountain.html

This all comforts me. Nobody that vain and self-regarding would start a nuclear war. I feel much the same with respect to the US and Trump. Men in nylon wigs and permatan want to live forever, not die in battle for A Cause.

If we could get someone like Mr Fabricant, or Cliff Richard as PM here, and Jonny Halliday as PM in France, and someone like Putin in charge in Russia then then world would become a very safe place.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The DPRK Twitter account is well worth following. These gems are just from today.

[tweet]908355191455576065[/tweet]

This photo caption would almost be amusing (it isn't) if it wasn't for the fact that these women are doing this bollox, and doing it as OTT as they can, to prevent their entire families, three generations of it, being shipped off to a concentration camp where they will all most likely perish. Old photo from early in the fat boy's reign of terror.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Towards the close of the 2nd World War, Werner Von Braun exited Nazi Germany for the US with his dossier and blueprints, and was the one who developed the bomb for the US - The Manhattan project was the first use which was against Japan. I think they were pretty close - VE day was some time before VJ day !

Interesting. Maybe not the bomb but got me reading this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4443934.stm

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Von Braun was a rocket engineer, not nuclear weapons. Germany didnt have the scientist or the resources to build a nuclear device.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

Actually, it was Kim jong Il, his father, not Kim jong un. But anyway, shit presidents but very good golfers...

[URL="http://www.golf.com/golf-plus/behind-kim-jong-ils-famous-round-golf"/ ]http://www.golf.com/golf-plus/behind-kim-jong-ils-famous-round-golf[/URL]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This photo caption would almost be amusing (it isn't) if it wasn't for the fact that these women are doing this bollox, and doing it as OTT as they can, to prevent their entire families, three generations of it, being shipped off to a concentration camp where they will all most likely perish. Old photo from early in the fat boy's reign of terror.

I think there's a long history of poking fun at triumphalist photos of despots amidst sycophantic adulation. Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Mugabe have all been ridiculed similarly and I'm sure we're all aware of the terror that they inflict(ed) on their respective countries. It shows them up for what they really are. And I disagree with you about them being funny, I think they are hilarious because they are so clearly stage-managed.

It's no different really from our grandparents laughing at Lord Haw-Haw's broadcasts. In my opinion, anyway.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Actually, it was Kim jong Il, his father, not Kim jong un. But anyway, shit presidents but very good golfers...

[URL="http://www.golf.com/golf-plus/behind-kim-jong-ils-famous-round-golf"/ ]http://www.golf.com/golf-plus/behind-kim-jong-ils-famous-round-golf[/URL]

Ah, apologies. I stand corrected!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Its not just the nuclear arms we should be concerned about but what about their huge conventional forces? If sanctions really do begin to bite then how will the North Korean's supply and feed the army? They could be forced into preemptive action against South Korea and then knows what might happen then especially for Seoul as the South Korean capital is rather near the border!

Ah, that's the easy one. You just wait for their next big parade when all their soldiers and missiles congregate together and drop a bomb on the lot of them - job done.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel

Sorry, but Germany were miles off the bomb. They had the theory, but they lacked resources. Von Braun was, along with other scientists, appropriated by the Allies at the end of the war, and some of those scientists were put onto nuclear weapons, but Von Braun was rocket science all the way.

It took the unlimited resources of the US, Britain (and Canada) to build the bomb, we're talking the two most powerful economies in the world, and it still took them four years to make two bombs. The Uranverein didn't enjoy the unity and government support the Manhattan project had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here