Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North korea makes statement to the US and Japan

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
You may be incorrect there.

Towards the close of the 2nd World War, Werner Von Braun exited Nazi Germany for the US with his dossier and blueprints, and was the one who developed the bomb for the US - The Manhattan project was the first use which was against Japan. I think they were pretty close - VE day was some time before VJ day !

On the other hand, perhaps I may be wrong !

I think you're wrong.

If he had developed the rocket programme at the speed it was going before it all went wrong - he'd have won the war. But that's all he had. He
was desperate at the end - but we destroyed a lot of the infrastructure. But atomic stuff - no way.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Just a hypothetical question, but if North Korea completes their nuclear programme and develops missile capable of reaching the States, what will stop them from invading South Korea with conventional forces, with other countries knowing that if they were to try to prevent it, they will get nuked in return - would the other countries act in defence of the South? or keep out of any conflict in fear of a nuclear war?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just a hypothetical question, but if North Korea completes their nuclear programme and develops missile capable of reaching the States, what will stop them from invading South Korea with conventional forces, with other countries knowing that if they were to try to prevent it, they will get nuked in return - would the other countries act in defence of the South? or keep out of any conflict in fear of a nuclear war?

I would think that America would immediately strike against North Korea, and American front line troops would be flown into South Korea,

Hopefully the UK would stand back, and would only become involved as part of any UN force.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Photoshop one of the world's greatest living men? Never.

You are aware aren't you that that he first picked up a golf club in 1994 aged 10 at North Korea's only golf course and shot a 38-under par round that included no fewer than 11 holes in one. According to his biog he was so satisfied with his performance, he immediately declared his retirement from the sport.

Recently he climbed N. Korea's highest mountain in just shoes and a warm coat. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-un-climbs-North-Koreas-highest-mountain.html

Unfortunately he hurt his back and started taking pain meds which led to an addiction to pain meds. He was caught "high" driving and his career has been down hill ever since. His wife still thinks he's a tiger, though.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Chilling words coming from North Korea.

I've got to say I'm getting increasingly concerned about this.

What should be done? If they ignore the sanctions and worse yet, fire a nuke.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/14/north-korea-threat-sink-japan-us-ashes-darkness

North Korea was one of those countries on the US hit list pre 9/11, as well was Iran, So far 2 of the chosen countries on that list have suffered defeat and witnessed regime change which now leaves Iran North Korea and China to go. This fiasco aint happening by accident ... and for anyone who thinks it is needs a wobble.
Just as the media did with others the media will make up whatever kind of nonsense they like about Kim Jong...with the knowing that people will buy it.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Diplomacy.
Diplomacy.
If they fire a nuke at another country, NK may not be there the next day.

that is a complicated scenario given the proximity to China.......multiple nuke strikes will have a massive effect across the border. The guy needs removing ( from the planet)

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
You know those 'off seasons' during WW2 when the players couldn't play because they were on (permanent) international duty, did they still have the bants on NSC?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A pre-emptive strike is probably not possible.

And how will it look on the US if they attack NK and NK flattens Seoul and nukes Japan?

I think once the US have taken action NK will no longer have a nuclear capability.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
You may be incorrect there.

Towards the close of the 2nd World War, Werner Von Braun exited Nazi Germany for the US with his dossier and blueprints, and was the one who developed the bomb for the US - The Manhattan project was the first use which was against Japan. I think they were pretty close - VE day was some time before VJ day !

On the other hand, perhaps I may be wrong !

You're confusing Von Braun, who did rockets with Robert Oppenheimer who led the Manhattan Project which started in 1942. Putting nuclear warheads on missiles didn't come along until the 1950s

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think once the US have taken action NK will no longer have a nuclear capability.
Not within the first 5 minutes. If the US attacked and did a huge amount of damage in a few minutes, NK would still be able to launch a nuke. Not to mention all the other missiles they have aimed at South Korea. They have a lot of mobile weapons, the US couldn't destroy those in a short space of time.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
What a civilized world we live in, how much we've learnt and further moved on since war.. after war.after war.
I'm 52 and not a day has gone by when a single nation has been at peace. ffs it's school playground behaviour. pathetic.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not within the first 5 minutes. If the US attacked and did a huge amount of damage in a few minutes, NK would still be able to launch a nuke. Not to mention all the other missiles they have aimed at South Korea. They have a lot of mobile weapons, the US couldn't destroy those in a short space of time.

The US have had a long time to prepare for this scenario whereas NK are flexing their muscles and haven't even got used to the toys they've just acquired. It makes no sense for NK to nuke for the sake of it, but the US will be able to justify going in hard and heavy all day long.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If NK ever launch one over Tokyo I'd greatly appreciate it if they could do it at a time that I'm awake. I'd very much like the chance to get down the very deep subway station near my apartment.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here