Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calssic witty/Amusing Player Nicknames

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I remember Danny Baker doing a similar thing many many years ago. My favourite was some striker called Toblerone Boot.

pafcprogs

Sep 14, 2017
It would be great to identify Toblorone Boot....I am also hunting a Blackburn player apparently names aka seltzer!

I have a few nominations for 50p head..Claude Davis and Ashley Williams lead the field currently.

Also have Llama for Greg Halford...any comments on that?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Not a player, but on hearsay I gather that a member of staff during the first Micky Adams era was named 'Shoes' on account of this person following Micky around and being so far up his aris that all you could see sticking out were his shoes.

Danny Cullip may have been responsible for naming that person.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
In our house Solly March is known as Sticky Feet

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
A mate used to refer to Tony Grealish as Thunder Thighs, was that well used ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Justin Edinburgh's commonly-used nickname was 'Musselburgh'. Plus a number of slightly-less-well-known geographical equivalents.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Dreadlocked Peter Smith was dubbed (see what I did there) Marley. Original I'm sure you'll agree.
Some kind of smoke bomb found it's way on to the pitch around the right back area one game. A fan near me commented that Smithy (two nicknames!) had dropped his spliff.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Is it a bad time to shoe horn my name for our current Colombian rocket on the wing? Risky - hairdo.

I'll get my hair shirt...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Does it have to be a footballer?
I was watching some darts a while back, Mark Frost was one of the players, introduced as....
Frosty The Throwman.
Spat me tea out.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Why was 'Lammie' Robertson so called?

One of the worst players I have ever seen in the pro game, he was like a lamb when aerially challenging, quite bad for a centre forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here