Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Worthing town centre is a dreadful place for pubs now & the last really decent pub - the Hare & Hounds - doesn't show footy.
    The Cornerhouse sadly doesn't show football (or it didn't last time I went) but that is a brilliant town centre pub. @Bozza, that was the one we ended up in for that last pint when we had our pub crawl.

And round the corner from the Cornerhouse, The Selden is pretty good too as is the Egremont.
    My music blog: de-minimis music

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
      The Cornerhouse sadly doesn't show football (or it didn't last time I went) but that is a brilliant town centre pub. @Bozza, that was the one we ended up in for that last pint when we had our pub crawl.

And round the corner from the Cornerhouse, The Selden is pretty good too as is the Egremont.
      Quite right, I think Worthing is decent for a beer, and would add Anchored to your list, plus The Brooksteed, but that's not that central.

Football wise, I've watched games in the Charles Dickens, used to have a nice selection of beers but I've heard it's gone downhill. Vintners is ok, plenty of room and screens, and I watched the Huddersfield away game last season in the Warwick. That was a grim night.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Yes Chef View Post
      Quite right, I think Worthing is decent for a beer, and would add Anchored to your list, plus The Brooksteed, but that's not that central.

Football wise, I've watched games in the Charles Dickens, used to have a nice selection of beers but I've heard it's gone downhill. Vintners is ok, plenty of room and screens, and I watched the Huddersfield away game last season in the Warwick. That was a grim night.
      The craft/micropub scene is definitely picking up after Brooksteed kicked things off (I know Anchored was there first, but it was not that well known). There's the Green Man and the relatively new Georgi Fin and Grizzly Bear.
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      The craft/micropub scene is definitely picking up after Brooksteed kicked things off (I know Anchored was there first, but it was not that well known). There's the Green Man and the relatively new Georgi Fin and Grizzly Bear.
      They all look very interesting, thanks, I feel a pub crawl in West Worthing coming on.....
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Love the Brookstead. Too many of those micro pubs are a bit 'beardy' and feel like a doctors waiting room (Green Man / Anchored) but they have a bit of character and the owners are good fun too.

Grizzly Bear is nice, but a bit more wine bar / cocktaily. They do have beer on tap but nothing 'special'

Forgot to add, the Pantry next door to the Brookstead is incredible. 'Artisan' bakery, small team but some of the stuff they create is incredible !
      Last edited by Springal; 14-09-2017 at 11:36.
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Yes Chef View Post
      They all look very interesting, thanks, I feel a pub crawl in West Worthing coming on.....
      Having been encouraged by the wife to have a brisk half mile walk a few times a week I find starting with a couple at the Green Man and then walking down Pavilion Road to The Brooksteed for a couple more does the trick.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      What about the bar, not sure of its name up your way in Findon Road shops near Tesco? Or possibly George & Dragon unless that is too far out if town. I would have thought that the 2 JDW will have it on if they still have Sky.
      North Stand Brighton Boy catfish's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I'd disagree with that. The Corner House and The Egremont are absolutely cracking pubs for a start.
      I agree but I never think of those pubs as being town centre although they are as near as dammit. Was thinking more of the Warwick/Montague St axis I suppose.
      Last edited by catfish; 14-09-2017 at 12:56.
      See you in the morning down by the jetty.

0 Not allowed!

The Grand Victorian (old Chapmans) doesn't feel like it's changed in 30 years, and that's not a compliment in this instance.
      New management now, slowly improving

0 Not allowed!
      I know you said "central-ish" but you could do worse than the George & Dragon in Tarring.