Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you view games against Palace?

How do you view games against Palace

• Total voters

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
For me, since the opening game of the 74/75 season, no other opponent comes close.

The tear ups, the doubles, the heartaches, the piss taking (even more apt now they've got Blue Rinse Hilda in charge!).

There's something about our meetings with them which I've (mostly) enjoyed and always look forward to days in advance of the game. Don't feel the same about any other club.

AT LAST, a supporter with a sense of what this is really all about.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The games are so important to me that when I am reminded we are playing them I actually feel a bit of dread about it. I think I might have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from firstly the 5-0 drubbing at their place then FFS Murray night and of course the shit in the dressing room game.

I actually feel nervous just thinking about it. I would love, completely love, to beat them in both games.

Imagine if we won at their place to relegate them. I struggle to think of anything sweeter.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Great games and look forward to them, although I have to say the hatred spouted by the minority of us and them in the build up rather puts me off. Would love to take my boys to the away game but at 11 & 14 not a chance.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Incidentally most of the people shouting "we hate Palace" etc weren't even born in the 70's, so not sure what the hatred is based on?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Suspect those voting "just another game" are likely to be the younger generation who don't get the reasons behind the rivalry. Those of us of a certain vintage would never view a game against Palace as "just another game".

I would hope that after the shitting in the changing room incident, and the Palace fans attacking their own team coach etc the young 'uns would understand what a classless outfit CPFC is.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Incidentally most of the people shouting "we hate Palace" etc weren't even born in the 70's, so not sure what the hatred is based on?

:dunce: guess I'll have to find another rival, start a fight then "we hate 'whatever club" I don't particularly like Stoke, so will keep an eye out for scarfer then"'kick there 'eads in" to justify my hatred.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Tradition...

Get that .... but, when I see and hear people who actually come across as hating someone, just for the team they support, I find it strange. We all know a Palace fan or two who are probably very decent people and would ordinarily get on with, but some actually hate Palace, just something I never have and I'm a 60's kid!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I think the BHA/Palace rivalry is less unusual from our point of view. They are the nearest 'big' club to us and since the 70's have remained our most bitter, vitriolic rivals, especially after the Mullery years. From their point of view though, I find it a bit strange as Palace have much nearer clubs that you would have thought they would be more concerned about i.e Charlton and Millwall. So why the hatred for us? Who cares! It makes for one of the best derby days on the football calendar. Bring on Nov 28!!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Have no opinions one way or another on Palace tbh...just another football club to me, & cant be bothered with all the rivalry BS.
Will watch the games, go home, & forget about it.
You should be supporting rugby

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
With all due respect, for someone who leaves their football on the P & R. Your hanging around a football forum on a thursday lunch time!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You've absolutely done him there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Suspect those voting "just another game" are likely to be the younger generation who don't get the reasons behind the rivalry.

I would say it's the posh element of our fanbase probably in their 50's who find it all bit beneath them, that or it's the new fans who want a nice quiet family day out, the young fans tend to get really into it and love the atmosphere.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I really hope we beat them home and away.
I would like to see them get relegated at the end of this season and us to stay up obviously. They can mind the gap for a change

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
This is my favourite fixture always has been always will be.we owe them big time for the playoffs.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
It's going to be a tough old season but beating them would certainly ease the pressure somewhat especially as others have started to take note of the rivalry but especially as the rivalry has manifested itself into something of substance regardless of those who try to dismiss it. I have watched it develop & can testify to it's growing fervour. SUIFHP

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Beat them twice and easily stay up . Heaven .

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Great games and look forward to them, although I have to say the hatred spouted by the minority of us and them in the build up rather puts me off. Would love to take my boys to the away game but at 11 & 14 not a chance.

Get your boys involved so that the hatred runs deep in them from an early age !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here