Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you view games against Palace?

How do you view games against Palace

• Total voters

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Friendly banter fine but have never understood the dislike of anybody just because they support another team. Just another game. Was gutted as anybody when they beat us in playoffs but the fact it was Palace made no difference. In fact remember giving them credit for playing well like I would for any side that plays well against us

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Now the worst away game as treated like shit by the Met and herded round like cattle.

Still can't decide whether I really want to go to the away game.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Friendly banter fine but have never understood the dislike of anybody just because they support another team. Just another game. Was gutted as anybody when they beat us in playoffs but the fact it was Palace made no difference. In fact remember giving them credit for playing well like I would for any side that plays well against us
Get out! Go on

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
For those that treat it as any other league game, you don't know what you are missing out on.

They will forever be our rivals, we are the Seagulls because they are the Eagles, it is cowardice to reject the idea, just to save yourself some heartache if we lose. Stuff that, be brave, embrace the rivalry and hang your heart on grinding them into the pitch home and away.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton

Admin can we delete this post. Clearly a wum if he doesn't get the rivalry.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
For me, since the opening game of the 74/75 season, no other opponent comes close.

The tear ups, the doubles, the heartaches, the piss taking (even more apt now they've got Blue Rinse Hilda in charge!).

There's something about our meetings with them which I've (mostly) enjoyed and always look forward to days in advance of the game. Don't feel the same about any other club.
This is the correct answer.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
By far the biggest game of the season. Must wins. The first fixtures I look for. Any Brighton fan worth their salt would do so too.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I get it, we disagree. You probably think I'm less of a Brighton fan than you too, or some sh*te like that.

Really I just pity you your tribalism.

I don't think you're less of a fan at all. Just don't get that you see palace as just another game.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Quite simply the biggest matches of this longstanding BHAFC fan's season.
I was there at the Goldstone on the Boxing Day that is still sung about now.....it just simply is THE fixture!!!
It's been the first fixture I look for whenever we have been in the same division. But for so many years from the late 1980's until 2002 we were in different divisions and didn't play them in the league. Then, 2002.....finally it was back on and 5,000 of us went up the road full of hope only to experience the most bitter 5-0 defeat. But the years since have seen a few more games including the awful loss in the play offs....
But the desire to win against them in the next match is always sky high and I can't wait for the next encounter late Nov!
I love, love the rivalry but I don't like the way some on both sides take it too far into violence though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here