Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "One of the brightest young managers in the Premier League"

Jim_AFCB

Oct 9, 2010
Neglecting the fact he was fouled by your lump of a CB and the ref acted like Smug's puppy and played on, yet every time one of your saintly cheats fell over he blew up. Also your streak of p1ss in goal needs punching.

Just watched the game back on TV and it wasn't a foul. Ake got the ball and Gross's legs got tangled up. Ref rightly played on as it wasn't a serious, or head injury.
Only Gross knows whether he stayed down in an attempt to get the game stopped, but he was subbed very shortly afterwards, and obviously injured.

Ref got very little wrong last night. Good to see, as we have sufftered at the hands of Pawson before, notably at Anfield 2 years ago.
There were a few occasions last night our players went down in challenges, no foul, and rightly no free kick given.

What did Begovic do wrong?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just watched the game back on TV and it wasn't a foul. Ake got the ball and Gross's legs got tangled up. Ref rightly played on as it wasn't a serious, or head injury.
Only Gross knows whether he stayed down in an attempt to get the game stopped, but he was subbed very shortly afterwards, and obviously injured.

Ref got very little wrong last night. Good to see, as we have sufftered at the hands of Pawson before, notably at Anfield 2 years ago.
There were a few occasions last night our players went down in challenges, no foul, and rightly no free kick given.

What did Begovic do wrong?

He grabbed hold of Gross on the ground, ref had a go at him should have booked him, hence words at the end of the game with Hughton.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Errmmmmm - just a little request, Easy: in future do you think you could avoid making statements such as this about players we are coming up against just 24 hours later? Thanks :thumbsup:

Yep, set that up beautifully didn't I :facepalm:

Every time I've seen him he's been complete and utter trash, and I STILL wouldn't touch him with a shitty stick. But the one time he actually brings his boots along and looks something like a footballer for once, it just had to be against us didn't it. Typical.

Reminds me of bloody sicknote Charlie Austin a couple of seasons ago at QPR, when he clambered out of his wheelchair for one of the only games he managed all season, and stuck 2 past us when we were 2-0 up. Then he crawled right back into his sickbed straight afterwards for another few months.

Sake.

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
Surely that should read you THOUGHT Ibe was worth a punt at the time. Clearly though, he's been an expensive flop. He'll be loaned out to a lower or midtable Championship club before long I would think, before being sold off for a fraction of what you paid for him, if you can get any takers.

Just thought I would thank you for this post.

Can you slag off our team and Manager more often seems to give us good motivation?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just thought I would thank you for this post.

Can you slag off our team and Manager more often seems to give us good motivation?

Really? It looked to most neutral reporters that you were a bit shit for most of the game :shrug: and turned it on for five decisive minutes?

I'd hate to see you 'de-motivated'.

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
Really? It looked to most neutral reporters that you were a bit shit for most of the game :shrug: and turned it on for five decisive minutes?

I'd hate to see you 'de-motivated'.

In reply to my comment eariler in the thread where easy 10 described Ibe as rubbish and a waste of money. I did try and tell him he would come good eventually...

Sign of a good team if you can win playing badly. The point is we didn't need to play that well to beat you....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In reply to my comment eariler in the thread where easy 10 described Ibe as rubbish and a waste of money. I did try and tell him he would come good eventually...

Sign of a good team if you can win playing badly. The point is we didn't need to play that well to beat you....

:rolleyes:

Yup. Smugness personified. How very Bournemouth.

Ibe, for the first time anyone can remember, actually did something. But coming on and making a couple of assists doesn't make him Lionel Messi now does it. Lets see how he gets on for the rest of the season before we start alerting Southgate eh.

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
:rolleyes:

Yup. Smugness personified. How very Bournemouth.

Ibe, for the first time anyone can remember, actually did something. But coming on and making a couple of assists doesn't make him Lionel Messi now does it. Lets see how he gets on for the rest of the season before we start alerting Southgate eh.

What is your excuse then for setting up like we were one of the big boys for most of the game?

I think you could possibly be one of the most dull and negative teams to come to Dean Court since Middlesborough last season.

Trust me we are under no illusions regarding Ibe, but thanks for confirming what I already knew. Since when did getting called up by Southgate mean anything anyway? We have bloody Jake Livermore playing in the poorest national side that i can remember.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Everton v Bournemouth will be interesting on Saturday now

Everton will come good sooner or later - they have too much quality not to.

They're certainly not a side that I consider to be in the mini-league we are concerned with.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not wrong though is he? Think you should tuck your tail just like the team should and get back to the drawing board and look ahead to Newcastle.

Thank you. I'll remember to check with you what threads I should and shouldn't go on in future.

What is your excuse then for setting up like we were one of the big boys for most of the game?

I think you could possibly be one of the most dull and negative teams to come to Dean Court since Middlesborough last season.

Trust me we are under no illusions regarding Ibe, but thanks for confirming what I already knew. Since when did getting called up by Southgate mean anything anyway? We have bloody Jake Livermore playing in the poorest national side that i can remember.

Why do we need an excuse ? Hughton often sets us up like that away from home. Keep things tight for the first half, stay solid, get a foothold in the game and then push on to try and nick something. You might not like it, but its served us pretty well overall under his stewardship, we wouldn't be in this League otherwise. Entertaining though it may have been for you, we're hardly going to open up and go all-out attack when we're away at an established PL side. Hughton sets us up to give us what he thinks is the best chance of getting something from the game, and having stepped things up and got the goal, it was working. It looked by that stage like we'd get at worst a point. It didn't work out for us this time, but that's football.

The simple fact is that this season is all about consolidation and survival. We're on a steep learning curve, and Friday was another lesson in the ruthlessness of this division.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here