Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "One of the brightest young managers in the Premier League"

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
There is good reason why so many Bournemouth fans exhibit themselves as obnoxious Eddie clones - they don't know anything else. Many having leapt aboard the Bournemouth glory train long since it departed the lower reaches of League 1 or 2.

I remember the Bradbury victory on your promotion season from league one. We beat you 1-0 and Liam Feeney scored. Think Chris wood was playing for your lot and missed a hatful of chances.

Still remember Brighton fans after the game telling the bournemouth fans to make a DVD because they thought Brighton were so massive compared to us.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
What you mean like the talk on this forum that Hemed should be loaned out until he scored last weekend?

I've not seen ONE post on here suggesting Tomer Hemed ought to be loaned out.

A saw plenty suggesting that the (rumoured) £8m was a decent price for him IF we signed a better replacement. that's quite different.

It was all doom and gloom on here the other week now suddenly after one win everyone has piped up and starting picking apart Bournemouth and our players.

I'm not having that.

I've been picking apart Smug Eddie and the plucky Bournemouth myth for YEARS.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I don't really understand how anyone can get so het up about Bournemouth. Personally I think it's brilliant that ourselves, Bournemouth and Southampton are all in the premier league while portsmouth(#twats) are bumbling along in the lower reaches of the lower leagues.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I remember the Bradbury victory on your promotion season from league one. We beat you 1-0 and Liam Feeney scored. Think Chris wood was playing for your lot and missed a hatful of chances.

Still remember Brighton fans after the game telling the bournemouth fans to make a DVD because they thought Brighton were so massive compared to us.
We are. :wave:

Would you mind awfully £ucking off now.
And this.

I don't really understand how anyone can get so het up about Bournemouth. Personally I think it's brilliant that ourselves, Bournemouth and Southampton are all in the premier league while portsmouth(#twats) are bumbling along in the lower reaches of the lower leagues.
I wouldn't disagree with this. But sooner rather than later, Bournemouth will be their usual bad smell and we'll all cheerily hope they fck off back to division 4 where they belong.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What you mean like the talk on this forum that Hemed should be loaned out until he scored last weekend?

It was all doom and gloom on here the other week now suddenly after one win everyone has piped up and starting picking apart Bournemouth and our players.

Eh ?

We paid around a million quid for Hemed (an established International). That's a bit different from taking a £15m punt on some kiddy who'd failed to make the grade at his club or anyone else he'd been loaned out to. And I certainly wasn't calling for Hemed to be loaned out, particularly as he's one of only 3 strikers we've got at the club.

As for picking apart Plucky and your players now - that didn't just happen after Saturdays win. We've been sniding on here about your lot for yonks. The volume just happens to have increased of late, as we're visiting your quaint little lower-league HQ tomorrow. You'll slide back into irrelevance soon enough though, don't worry.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Seeing Pompey scuffling around down in the noddy leagues is a CONSTANT source of joy and entertainment, there's no denying that. Southampton are just an irrelevance. Doesn't mean I feel any kind of pleasure at seeing Plucky in the Prem though. I don't despise them, but there is something rather irksome about them, not least the way the wider media fawns over them as though its some kind of fairytale how they arrived in the PL. The fact they were fined eight million quid for cheating their way up and out of the Championship seems to be an inconvenient truth that gets lost in the narrative though.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :lolol: If following this thread has achieved one thing it is discovering this absolutely marvellous story about a player I had never previously heard of :lolol:

What!?

You'd never heard of the player that League One Bournemouth, snapped up for a MERE £2.5million? (#Eddie'sMiracle) and went on to smash in a massive FIVE goals in three years at the club?

Can I just add here, that Tokelo's first club (in South Africa), were the rather splendidly named 'Dangerous Darkies'...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokelo_Rantie

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
As mental as the market is, that's absolute nonsense.

Of course you CAN pay £15m for an unproven youngster if you want to.

Or you can spend your cash considerably more wisely. We paid less than that for Holland's current Number 10, and about a quarter of that for the guy who created the most chances in the entire Bundesliga last season.

The truth (which again you'll deny, of course) is that on the whole Eddie's work in the transfer market has been woeful*, thus the continued faith in your League One / Championship stalwarts.

Is record signing Tokelo Rantie still with you?

*for a tiny bit of balance, Callum Wilson at the time, and Lewis Cook were both EXCELLENT signings.

Max Gradel SINGED for mega bucks and hardly been sighted

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Max Gradel SINGED for mega bucks and hardly been sighted

Signed for 7 million, played 25 times in two years (mostly 10 minute subs) and now binned out on loan to France.

Money well spent
#Eddie'sMiracle

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
For a group of fans that dislike a club, their manager and the way they spend their cash there was one hell of a scramble to contribute to their coffers when tickets went on sale - ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"One of the brightest young managers in the Premier League"

Jesus wept, what is there to dislike so much about Bournemouth? I hope they finish below us and stay up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I hope they head back down as fast as they came up.

It's been annoying enough having such a traditionally small club with its 11k ground Lord Mayoring it over us for a couple of seasons. That they're managed by a walking pair of teeth with a direct line to the country's top referees and funded by money from that well known paradigm of virtue, Russia, just adds insult to injury.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
For a group of fans that dislike a club, their manager and the way they spend their cash there was one hell of a scramble to contribute to their coffers when tickets went on sale - ???
Er, people, and especially football fans are heavily attracted to watching their team play against disliked opposition. Hence the binfest when we play palace.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Just to add another point to this ridiculous thread

In the last set of Bournemouths accounts the club had the smallest turnover and the lowest wage bill in the Premier League. Bournemouth spent the lowest bar Stoke in the last transfer window.

If this thread is so ridiculous, please feel free to leave it as soon as you like.

Are other clubs' message boards full of bored Albion-supporting teenagers?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Not really i think the recruitmant of new players that were meant to be a step up have pushed those players further.

You can look at it any way you wish, but keeping us in the premier league for two seasons however it was achieved is a massive achievement for a club of our size.

I'm sure Brighton would be very pleased if they had achieved what Howe has done with us in our two seasons in the top flight.

I think a lot of it is not about how well he has done. His achievements are there for all to see.

I think it is more just about not liking him...... at all.

In fact if he were to go to Crystal Palace, his popularity among Brighton Fans would probably increase.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
And I hope they head back down as fast as they came up.

It's been annoying enough having such a traditionally small club with its 11k ground Lord Mayoring it over us for a couple of seasons. That they're managed by a walking pair of teeth with a direct line to the country's top referees and funded by money from that well known paradigm of virtue, Russia, just adds insult to injury.

So it's just a pure jealousy and self-righteous kinda thing? [emoji3]

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
continued faith in your League One / Championship stalwarts.

Only 4 players for Bournemouth who played or were in the 18 against us in Nov 2013 in the Champ were in Bournemouth's 25 this season.

None of ours. Bruno and Dunk missed the Nov 13 match and although March had appeared briefly earlier in the season he was out of the squad at this time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So it's just a pure jealousy and self-righteous kinda thing? [emoji3]

Well it's certainly irksome that they were getting their shit together on the pitch just as we nosedived under Sami but then they were breaking a fairly hefty rule that we were adhering to. Call that self righteous if you want.

Beyond that though they're a tiny noddy club who happen to be funded by money some might say was dubious. Geopolitically there's nothing self righteous about being wary of Ruskies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here