Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "One of the brightest young managers in the Premier League"

Jan 10, 2014
And Ashley Barnes of course. We were still in the same division when he left us ... and pre-promotion bonus. I'd be wary of anything the ginger dalek says about wages

Barnes came in January 2014 and pre bonus payments our wage bill was around £6 million less than Brighton's.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you take the bonus payments for 2014 (£7 million) and 2016 (£11 million) for reaching the Premier League then that will give you a reflection of how much we were paying players compared to Brighton.

Bonus payments are NOT part of your player's salary packages, then? :shrug:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Barnes came in January 2014 and pre bonus payments our wage bill was around £6 million less than Brighton's.

Not according to El Pres's graph on the previous page.

And common sense tells me that if a player leaves Brighton for Burnley, he's going for more money - he's not going halfway across the country for a pay cut

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

And common sense tells me that if a player leaves Brighton for Burnley, he's going for more money - he's not going halfway across the country for a pay cut

I think the Burnley chap is suggesting that the figures in El Pres' graph include these bonus payments, which somehow don't 'count' towards their wage spend :shrug:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No no. Barnes and Ward went to Burnley because it's such a lovely place to live. Nothing to do with money. Obviously.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
Hopefully this thread doesn't get side tracked with people talking about finances.

When the real question at hand is how much of a wanker is Eddie Howe and Plucky FC being one of footballs great achievements.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
This thread is like a demolition derby. The Bournemouth car is smashed so the Burnley and Brighton cars now turn on each other. All it needs is the comedy routine with "The Waver" driving a clown car into the arena.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hopefully this thread doesn't get side tracked with people talking about finances.

When the real question at hand is how much of a wanker is Eddie Howe and Plucky FC being one of footballs great achievements.

Good point; well made

Jan 10, 2014
No no. Barnes and Ward went to Burnley because it's such a lovely place to live. Nothing to do with money. Obviously.

They don't live in Burnley. Nothing to do with being in the Championship automatic promotion places (Barnes) and being promoted to the Premier League (Ward) either.:ascarf:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey, is NSC now the place for rival supporters to have a pop to each other? The wonder is that there's no Palace gimp joining in

If they had a point, a goal and hadn't just sacked their manager after 4 games they'd be all over this thread. It is obviously much better without them too. The Raver would completely derail the thread with his delusions.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
The arrival of the Burnley fans to dig out Smug has been wonderful. I am really enjoying this thread!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Perhaps he wanted to get away from constant criticism from so-called supporters for whom nothing he ever did was good enough.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Our most frequent Palace gimp flounced off yesterday is a hissy fit or he'd be right in here.

I'd normally say that Palace fans aren't too keen to talk about club finances, but in the case of that sad halfwit I agree. He'd be digging himself a double administration sized hole as we speak.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
Surely that should read you THOUGHT Ibe was worth a punt at the time. Clearly though, he's been an expensive flop. He'll be loaned out to a lower or midtable Championship club before long I would think, before being sold off for a fraction of what you paid for him, if you can get any takers.

I think he could still turn out OK.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Only caught the last 30 minutes but Eddie Howe won them the game with his substitution bringing on Jordon ibe .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Only caught the last 30 minutes but Eddie Howe won them the game with his substitution bringing on Jordon ibe .

1409962605347_wps_31_image001_png.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here