Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale in the bottom 3

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Maybe Stockdale wanted to be a club where he would be guaranteed first team play and plenty of involvement in the game. He's certainly been busy at Birmingham with the performances of the team in front of him.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
"JC"

It has been many times quoted on here, rightly or wrongly, but he left because we didn't offer him a contract long ( or whatever or because family circumstances were not suitable to such an extent thst he was ntenough to encourage him to remain herer !
So please let it be - It is now history !!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Finally caught the Channel 5 highlights last night, and bloody hell Dave must really be missing D & D. He's got a bunch of utter clowns in front of him at the moment, the defending against Preston was shocking. One thing about Stockers, he's never been shy of publically showing how much he HATES conceding goals. After one of them he was laid flat on his back, shouting and literally THUMPING the ground in frustration, like a 2 year old having a tantrum in Tesco. Another one he's straight up and letting fly with a volley of abuse and giving various gestures at one of his hapless teammates. He is a very angry man right now.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Finally caught the Channel 5 highlights last night, and bloody hell Dave must really be missing D & D. He's got a bunch of utter clowns in front of him at the moment, the defending against Preston was shocking. One thing about Stockers, he's never been shy of publically showing how much he HATES conceding goals. After one of them he was laid flat on his back, shouting and literally THUMPING the ground in frustration, like a 2 year old having a tantrum in Tesco. Another one he's straight up and letting fly with a volley of abuse and giving various gestures at one of his hapless teammates. He is a very angry man right now.

I noticed that, he didnt really have a sniff of saving them, he was fuming with the defending on all the goals.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I noticed that, he didnt really have a sniff of saving them, he was fuming with the defending on all the goals.

And rightly so. But it probably doesn't do much to endear him to his new team-mates. He's never been adverse to throwing them under the bus when it suits though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And rightly so. But it probably doesn't do much to endear him to his new team-mates. He's never been adverse to throwing them under the bus when it suits though.

Probably a trait that Harry Redknapp admires, seeing as that's exactly what he does himself.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
So he didn't get the contract he wanted.. Surely testing himself at the highest level is more important? Always sounded like a man that put professionalism ahead of other incentives. Not saying he's right or wrong, I don't know what went on behind closed doors. Very disappointed he left though. Thought he might want to challenge himself more. I must have read him wrong.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I hope for Stockers' sake that Kuszczak doesn't pile up clean sheets. Stockers only has one there this season.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The rumour in the sandwich shop with the Birmingham fans at lunch was that Stockdale broke his wrist punching Arsenal loanee Cohen Bramall in the nut. Neither were in the squad Saturday. Not quite #together up here assuming its true.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And now it looks like he will have Steve Cotterill as his manager... poor guy.

Seems they also approached Karanka and were rejected.

I reckon Jimmy Kranky is waiting for the Sunderland job to be available in the next couple of weeks. I bet he has a house up there.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The rumour in the sandwich shop with the Birmingham fans at lunch was that Stockdale broke his wrist punching Arsenal loanee Cohen Bramall in the nut. Neither were in the squad Saturday. Not quite #together up here assuming its true.

This would have been a bigger story if there were anything in it, surely?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This would have been a bigger story if there were anything in it, surely?

Yeah - It's certainly not gospel but from the local rag it's clear there has been discord here albeit less so since arry has gone (There seems to be more positive noises since they beat massive). The guy telling me has a box at Birmingham and is seemingly reasonably well connected but then again he thought Zola and Redknapp were good appointments. I did have a look on the forums but couldn't find anything obvious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here