Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale in the bottom 3

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Top bloke. Utterly instrumental in our success last year. He's earned my respect and affection and I won't be laughing at his current predicament.

And if you think otherwise you are a GOON.

Same here. Decent enough bloke who made a huge contribution to our club, the wider community and conducted himself with a decent amount professionalism. Contract was up and for whatever reason he decided to leave. Where's the issue?

Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with seeing some fall flat on their face, but Stockdale isn't one of them.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Totally this. This was the moment when I really started to believe that promotion was going to happen last season. Let's remind ourselves of it one more time.

Best of luck to you personally David (not Birmingham mind) and thanks.
Worth watching the highlights with completely biased Wednesday [emoji23] commentary. What a game that was!

https://youtu.be/hnLQjXaVHAI

And yes, I concur that laughing at Birmingham's clueless owners (and Onest Arry in particular) is brilliant but I bear no malice to DS. Just think it was a daft decision by him (piles of cash notwithstanding).

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
He could be playing in division one next year! I wonder if he's thinking he's made the right choice when he could have easily been still with us in the premier league.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Greed? Wasn't he only offered a one year deal with us? Instead he was offered a three year deal with Birmingham. Sounds more like stability rather than greed to me.

He would hardly have been washed up after a year though had he signed, would he. He's only 31, so in keeper terms he still has a good few seasons in him yet, regardless. He'd still have had options in a years time. If he'd gone to Leeds then I'd have understood it to an extent, but Birmingham ? They're a shambles of a club who stayed up by the skin of their teeth on the last day (but he'd have us believe it was seeing the "pashun" of their fans on that last day that persuaded him - yeah, alright Dave).

He'll obviously have had his reasons. Maybe he felt us offering him a year was a bit of an insult. Maybe his salad-dodging tendencies was a factor for the club in only offering him that deal. There's probably more to it than we know, but at least publically he left the club on amicable terms, even if privately that wasn't quite the case.

In terms of a career move, he's just blown his own bollocks off. But I don't wish him any ills. If he feels the 2nd division is more his level then that's up to him. I'd rather he'd stayed, but he's easily replaceable.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Worth watching the highlights with completely biased Wednesday [emoji23] commentary. What a game that was!

https://youtu.be/hnLQjXaVHAI

And yes, I concur that laughing at Birmingham's clueless owners (and Onest Arry in particular) is brilliant but I bear no malice to DS. Just think it was a daft decision by him (piles of cash notwithstanding).

Good memories, enhanced by the twatty co-commentator.

Bloody disgraceful decision not to give Hutchinson a straight red.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
He wanted to know he will be at same club for next three years - to tie in with family not having to move schools in next three years re exams etc

Am guessing he is also living away from family part of time whilst rather than driving two hours and back to training with Blues each day

Was worried in year or twos time would be released and could only get a deal that involved moving family around or never seeing them

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Stockdale was one of our stand-out players last season. Why the club didn't offer him more than a year I don't know, but seemed to me at least to be a real kick in the teeth to someone who was instrumental in helping achieve the dream of top-flight football. How anyone can then turn around and mock him for now playing for a team in the bottom three is beyond belief.

Plus my favourite chant since hearing it at the 0-0 at Preston a couple of years ago has been the Stockdale magic one :)

OP you're an idiot.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Maybe he felt us offering him a year was a bit of an insult.

To be fair to him he showed great passion for us as a club and his team mates and was proactive with the Shoreham air disaster. Not only that he was part of a promotion winning team with the best defensive record for two seasons. I think for what he did on and off the pitch and in the changing room, he probably deserved the same length of contract as had been given to Knockaert. I really don't understand the mechanics of his move and why we weren't concerned about starting the season with a new and untested format at the back. Normally you stick with what you know has worked very well for you so to the untrained eye it seems an odd departure.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Making my bet on Blues getting promoted look a bit silly now!:facepalm::lolol::dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here