Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale in the bottom 3

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's sad to see his deterioration since he left us. I hope he turns things around at a new club, he was a a key part of a special time in Albion ' s history.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Agreed.

A big part of us staying in the Championship when threatened with falling out the bottom of it, and played a massive part in getting us out of it in the right direction.

It's such a shame his last action for us came with that howler at Villa, and the subsequent implications for the title but, for me, he had more than enough credit in the bank. The title should have been in the bag long before that trip to Villa, and a large number of our players hold as much, if not more, responsibility for us missing out.

He wears his heart on his sleeve, sometimes a bit too obviously, but I can't wish him any ill at all. For his contributions both on the pitch, and off it, I'll always remember his time fondly.

I dont agree apart from the bit that he was a key player to us getting promotion. He was always hankering to go back up north, he tried to hold out for more money than he was worth and tried to play poker with Tony. He got everything he wanted (more money) assuming Birmingham is now the new North (at least its closer).

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Another great signing by ‘Arry.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he was offered such stupid money he couldn’t turn it down.

He’s made some strange moves during his career and this implies to me he’s more about money than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The most overrated player in the history of NSC. Always struggled with his weight, shit on crosses and made too many mistakes to be considered a top keeper.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This is getting embarrassing now, his penalty saves at Brentford and against Wednesday were just as pivotal as Murray's winner at Birmingham in our promotion push - still I suppose its time for our (non) supporters to start limbering up for another keyboard warrior season of anti-player posts.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Not the greatest goalkeeper but he was superb with Shoreham and as important in getting us to where we are now as Knockaert, Stephens, Murray or anyone else we can mention. What has happened to his career is saddening - shows how quickly things can turn sour and that 'Arry should never be trusted by anyone

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
It's true he made mistakes as most keepers do but was a great shot stopper and an important part of the team spirit that created the #together vibe. Great keeper at Championship level, was the right decision to replace him when we were promoted. Don't wish him anything but the best.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Always liked him as a goalkeeper when he was with Brighton and his double save (penalty) against Wednesday is one of my favourite moments in recent Albion history. His social media antics later on - not so much but I nevertheless wish him well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The wages Redknapp handed him at Birmingham have him trapped.

Birmingham freezing him out because they want to persuade him to leave in search of football. No other club is going to take those huge wages on, so he's stuck.

And this in a summer when his dream gig - playing for his beloved (The) Leeds United, was there on a plate. The three keepers in the Leeds squad, as it stands, are a 23 year-old loanee from Chelsea, a 21 year-old and a 19 year old. The position of experienced main man is going begging.

Quite what Marcello Bielsa would make of his physical condition, mind....

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Poor in his first season with us but immense since we signed some competition. I would've been delighted if he had stayed to compete for the number 1 spot, probably what he deserved after two fantastic seasons

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
He was great for us at the time and I was annoyed at the time that he decided to go. However it was another great decision from our club to let him go.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The most overrated player in the history of NSC. Always struggled with his weight, shit on crosses and made too many mistakes to be considered a top keeper.

Bit harsh - still was an integral part of, and ever-present in, a promotion winning team. Good club guy who completely bought into the #Together ethos. We did the right thing though - Maty is an upgrade (and doesn't have a weight problem - only a height problem)

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Bit harsh - still was an integral part of, and ever-present in, a promotion winning team. Good club guy who completely bought into the #Together ethos. We did the right thing though - Maty is an upgrade (and doesn't have a weight problem - only a height problem)

He was a decent to good championship keeper when he was fit but nowhere near as good as many made him out to be. I’ve seen a lot of keepers for the Albion in my time and he wouldn’t make the top half dozen.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He was a decent to good championship keeper when he was fit but nowhere near as good as many made him out to be. I’ve seen a lot of keepers for the Albion in my time and he wouldn’t make the top half dozen.

He was a bit lucky........he had a better than Championship standard defence in front of him.......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here