Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale in the bottom 3

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stockdale was great for us in our promotion push both in 16 & 17, so why all the finger pointing now? He wanted to play regular football, was offered good money by 'Arry. Which one of us wouldn't have done the same thing?
Only fans are a loyal to a club. To footballers it's just a job.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He’s Affectionately known as Swiss Cheese in the second city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Stockdale was great for us in our promotion push both in 16 & 17, so why all the finger pointing now? He wanted to play regular football, was offered good money by 'Arry. Which one of us wouldn't have done the same thing?

Agree. As I think I've said before, he knew his days were numbered here too. Maty Ryan said we'd been laying the groundwork with him for 6 months prior to him signing, so the writing was on the wall. As a (then) 31-year-old, why would he not take a lucrative, potentially more secure deal elsewhere when there's also guaranteed football involved too?

There's no doubt in my mind that Ryan is clearly the superior 'keeper but let's not forget Stockdale's huge contribution.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Still pretty sad to see how unreliable he has become, and how he has let himself become so physically out of conditions - quite staggering for a professional sportsman.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Still pretty sad to see how unreliable he has become, and how he has let himself become so physically out of conditions - quite staggering for a professional sportsman.

His salad-dodging tendencies was likely one of the reasons we didn't try particularly hard to keep hold of him.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Agreed.

A big part of us staying in the Championship when threatened with falling out the bottom of it, and played a massive part in getting us out of it in the right direction.

It's such a shame his last action for us came with that howler at Villa, and the subsequent implications for the title but, for me, he had more than enough credit in the bank. The title should have been in the bag long before that trip to Villa, and a large number of our players hold as much, if not more, responsibility for us missing out.

He wears his heart on his sleeve, sometimes a bit too obviously, but I can't wish him any ill at all. For his contributions both on the pitch, and off it, I'll always remember his time fondly.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agreed.

A big part of us staying in the Championship when threatened with falling out the bottom of it, and played a massive part in getting us out of it in the right direction.

It's such a shame his last action for us came with that howler at Villa, and the subsequent implications for the title but, for me, he had more than enough credit in the bank. The title should have been in the bag long before that trip to Villa, and a large number of our players hold as much, if not more, responsibility for us missing out.

He wears his heart on his sleeve, sometimes a bit too obviously, but I can't wish him any ill at all. For his contributions both on the pitch, and off it, I'll always remember his time fondly.

Spot on

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Both Stockdale and Kuszczak have had their squad numbers taken away, they're not on the official list provide to the football league. Their numbers (13 and 29 respectively) are still available and if they're not able to sign anyone new before the deadline, and if they can't shift one or the other, then I'm sure they'll both be welcomed back into the squad - that's at least £50k a week in wages just being ignored in favour of an 18 year old who made his professional debut yesterday.

Stockdale is, apparently, currently enormous. He looked entirely out of shape last season, but if he's even bigger now then it's very sad for him. His first season with us was ruined by his poor fitness, but the second season especially he was in peak condition. He was carrying timber in the promotion season but not as drastically as that first season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Both Stockdale and Kuszczak have had their squad numbers taken away, they're not on the official list provide to the football league. Their numbers (13 and 29 respectively) are still available and if they're not able to sign anyone new before the deadline, and if they can't shift one or the other, then I'm sure they'll both be welcomed back into the squad - that's at least £50k a week in wages just being ignored in favour of an 18 year old who made his professional debut yesterday.

Stockdale is, apparently, currently enormous. He looked entirely out of shape last season, but if he's even bigger now then it's very sad for him. His first season with us was ruined by his poor fitness, but the second season especially he was in peak condition. He was carrying timber in the promotion season but not as drastically as that first season.

34b3a686301905f2b0a280e3f97fbc00.jpg

Last season....

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I’m embarrassed for him

Thankfully our professional club saw this in advance and got rid .

Or in other words , offered him a deal they knew he would refuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here