Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    Top bloke. Utterly instrumental in our success last year. He's earned my respect and affection and I won't be laughing at his current predicament.

And if you think otherwise you are a GOON.
    100% UNOFFICIAL WHC Statistician
    100% Honey Badgerista

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gritt23 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I can only speak personally, and it is most certainly not "offended" by him, or indeed enjoying his struggles at his chosen club. He was a top servant for us, and played a massive part in getting us to where we are now.

However, it is a plight I can't take my eyes off, because 1. he courted so much attention with his outbursts on Twitter, and 2. it seemed such a very strange career move. Those two things have him very high profile on the radar, and as such people will keep returning to how this has played out.

It's a bit like remainers taking any negative economic data and saying "look, see, I told you it was the wrong decision". If the economy/country were suffering as a result of Brexit, it would be crazy for anyone who voted remain to be actually celebrating the country doing badly, but it's inevitable that it still gets mentioned in a tone of "see, I told you that was an odd move." That's kind of the fascination with Stockdale for me, where I thought he should have remained (so on this, I'm a remainer) I'm looking, hoping, to see and understand why he did it, but everything that happens just re-affirms what a bizarre move it was he made.

You mean Stockdale took control?

I'm tempted to run a few out-of-sample forecasts on the previous 20 years of Premier league to see roughly what we'd expect to have to secure promotion.
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      As I said I dont know just assumed

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GreersElbow View Post
      You mean Stockdale took control?
      There was a contract on the table from the club, so yes, I suppose he did.

"I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."

1 Not allowed!
      My ex girlfriend is a lovely girl, kind, warm, beautiful.

She dumped me though, so she's also a ****ing ***t.
      - Small, Local, Old, and Particular are almost always better than Big, Global, New, and Abstract. -
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gritt23 View Post
      I can only speak personally, and it is most certainly not "offended" by him, or indeed enjoying his struggles at his chosen club. He was a top servant for us, and played a massive part in getting us to where we are now.

However, it is a plight I can't take my eyes off, because 1. he courted so much attention with his outbursts on Twitter, and 2. it seemed such a very strange career move. Those two things have him very high profile on the radar, and as such people will keep returning to how this has played out.

It's a bit like remainers taking any negative economic data and saying "look, see, I told you it was the wrong decision". If the economy/country were suffering as a result of Brexit, it would be crazy for anyone who voted remain to be actually celebrating the country doing badly, but it's inevitable that it still gets mentioned in a tone of "see, I told you that was an odd move." That's kind of the fascination with Stockdale for me, where I thought he should have remained (so on this, I'm a remainer) I'm looking, hoping, to see and understand why he did it, but everything that happens just re-affirms what a bizarre move it was he made.
      Amazing. You've managed to somehow bring Brexit into this, and also point out your own stupidity at voting to leave. (I'm assuming you voted to leave).

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by thbjenkins View Post
      Amazing. You've managed to somehow bring Brexit into this, and also point out your own stupidity at voting to leave. (I'm assuming you voted to leave).
      That's kind of the fascination with Stockdale for me, where I thought he should have remained (so on this, I'm a remainer)

Read.The.Post.

FWIW, yes if one had voted to leave that would have been stupid.
      Tony Bloom's Blue and White army!
      "Selling Kayal now would be the equivalent of winning star baker every week during weeks 1-5 of Bake Off before turning up pissed on week 6, slapping Mary Berry on the arse, hurling racist insults at Paul Hollywood and offering Mel and Sue a threes up. It would be the end of our season."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by thbjenkins View Post
      Oh dear god, I thought it was rather funny and actually pretty correct... - I voted remain...
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      As I said I dont know just assumed

0 Not allowed!
      Stockdale is hardly the first player to succumb to greed and move on. I actually feel sorry for him that having served us so well he chose the over the opportunity to play in the PL. Very unlikely to ever get that opportunity again.
      Deplorable

0 Not allowed!
      He did a job for us, left with a good rep and rapor with fans and good grace. We are not leaking goals all over the place so have no cause to regret.

Whats the issue?

If it was codner or Leon Knight flouncing out for money then landing on their face getting red cards etc i would understand a bit, this is a silly thread.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rippleman View Post
      Stockdale is hardly the first player to succumb to greed and move on. I actually feel sorry for him that having served us so well he chose the over the opportunity to play in the PL. Very unlikely to ever get that opportunity again.
      Greed? Wasn't he only offered a one year deal with us? Instead he was offered a three year deal with Birmingham. Sounds more like stability rather than greed to me.