Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham away

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Yep,first proper dodgy one too,night game,and my mate reckons west ham hang around all the alleys picking off stragglers

Your mate talks utter tosh! For regular attendees at the old Upton Park it was high on impossible to hop on to the tube outside the ground. Invariably the route was through the housing estate through Plaistow where you could pick up the tube. Never once was anyone " picked off "

Jan 30, 2008
Your mate talks utter tosh! For regular attendees at the old Upton Park it was high on impossible to hop on to the tube outside the ground. Invariably the route was through the housing estate through Plaistow where you could pick up the tube. Never once was anyone " picked off "
how do you know ?
regards
DR

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why? We're going to the cup game and will benefit from the points which will help keep us all in the top bracket for the next release after the West Ham game.

1 - You've stated you are going to the cup game, so comments not applicable
2 - Do you believe we will take 3,000 to Swansea

I still think the points threshold for the first release is far too low, it should be 400+

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Why does West Ham away give you 10 loyalty points, whereas Arsenal away is 5 loyalty points?

Surely both games are going to be high demand for Albion fans, why is going to West Ham twice as loyal as going to Arsenal? :shrug:

Because some dozy saps will blatently prioritise Arsenal for a bigger day out :facepalm:

It's good that the games vs the MEGA SIX will (likely) all be 5pts.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

I still think the points threshold for the first release is far too low, it should be 400+

The Ground holds 21,000. We'll only get 2,000 ish tickets for Swansea.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Ground holds 21,000. We'll only get 2,000 ish tickets for Swansea.

Yep, from footbalgroundlguide.com

"Away fans are housed in the North Stand at one end of the stadium. Up to 2,000 fans can be accommodated in this area, although this allocation can be reduced to 1,000 for teams with a smaller following".

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Pretty sure we don't have 3,000 with 400+, so what would be the point of that ?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Do you believe we will take 3,000 to Swansea

Well, Leicester sold out before it reached members so the Swansea game will not only be the first game to provide 15pts, but i'm guessing the first opportunity for those without season tickets to attend.

So re. question - probably not far off, but besides the point anyway as they can only accomodate 2k which will comfortably sell.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Why does West Ham away give you 10 loyalty points, whereas Arsenal away is 5 loyalty points?

Surely both games are going to be high demand for Albion fans, why is going to West Ham twice as loyal as going to Arsenal? :shrug:

Does seem odd, would have thought both were in demand equally, new ground,PL london club etc
Maybe the extra 5 loyalty points is in way of compensation because we have to endure the East End of London as opposed to the North of it.
With that in mind 600 loyalty points for venturing into South London should be the norm.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

1. The away allocation for Swansea is c2000, not 3000.

2. The club are clearly setting the first phase for away tickets such that everyone with the stated number of points could buy a ticket should they want one. Why would they set it any higher?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I think he was attempting to increase his chances of getting a ticket, by scaring off the less intrepid 1901'ers and less travelled fans.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Season Ticket Holder On Sales
264+ Points: On Sale Tue 19 September, 237+ Points: On Sale Wed 20 September, 198+ Points: On Sale Fri 22 September, All STHs: On Sale Tue 26 September

I have 264 on the button...

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
2. The club are clearly setting the first phase for away tickets such that everyone with the stated number of points could buy a ticket should they want one. Why would they set it any higher?

This! People seem convinced we've got thousands of fans with huge amounts of loyalty points. In the last 2 seasons how often did we take over 2,000 fans and now we're regularly getting 3,000 tickets.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Does seem odd, would have thought both were in demand equally, new ground,PL london club etc
Maybe the extra 5 loyalty points is in way of compensation because we have to endure the East End of London as opposed to the North of it.
With that in mind 600 loyalty points for venturing into South London should be the norm.

What I don't get is allocations that don't say get passed the 2nd tranche of say 237, why do these even need the award of loyalty points? This are massively oversubscribed in demand games everyone wants to go to, so max 5 pts awarded seems about right, or even 2pts for central London aways. Loyalty is really those that will attend Burnley, Stoke, Newcastle, Swansea etc. not Arsenal & West Ham. (Watford was 5pts too so I really don't get WHU being 10).

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
I think he was attempting to increase his chances of getting a ticket, by scaring off the less intrepid 1901'ers and less travelled fans.

Absolutely right. The route from stratford station to the ground goes through westfield shopping centre and the Olympic park so there are no alleyways. Just high end shops, loads of security and a pleasant walk past the aquatic centre and million pound flats. If you want to come in the back way through hackney wick or Leyton you are more likely to get picked off by a hipster trying to sell you a vegan flat white coffee than a belligerent cockney. Green street did sometimes get a bit tasty before they moved, the odd punch up and great curry houses. The Boleyn was a crap hole, the new stadium is an expensive joke and we have a decent chance of getting a result there. They will give us a few choruses of we can see you're holding hands and we will respond with chim chimney. I can't wait.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
What I don't get is allocations that don't say get passed the 2nd tranche of say 237, why do these even need the award of loyalty points? This are massively oversubscribed in demand games everyone wants to go to, so max 5 pts awarded seems about right, or even 2pts for central London aways. Loyalty is really those that will attend Burnley, Stoke, Newcastle, Swansea etc. not Arsenal & West Ham. (Watford was 5pts too so I really don't get WHU being 10).

Watford was 10

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here