Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham away

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I logged on about 20 mins ago and got a single ticket. Huzzah! God knows where it is, and I'll be nowhere near any friends, but we're all friends at the Albion aren't we?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
9.31am and it looks like we've pretty much sold out as there are only 18 tickets still showing as available.

So anybody with 237 points or more has had ample chance to buy a ticket. To put that into context, 237 points means having an Amex season ticket for six years and going to no more than a handful of away/cup matches last season and this. Anybody who hasn't got 237 points doesn't really deserve a ticket for a London away match in the Premier League, so there should be no moaning there. And anybody who has 237 points had plenty of time to buy.

No complaints with this one then, roll on the Man United sales in October!

Six years ago, I was living and working in Cornwall, so didn't have a season ticket. I still went to some away games, as I have done for 45 years.

I currently have 235 points and can't see how I can get into that second group.

I'm not going to start complaining, exactly, but I do find it very frustrating that I now can't get to away league games at all (I went last night).

I know plenty of people who can't afford a season ticket but have gone to as many games as they could afford for many years. It seems incredible that they now have no access whatsoever to away tickets.

I guess we could see this coming, but the reality has been somewhat starker than I'd imagined.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
i just logged on and got a ticket at 09:30 thinking I had missed it... then tried 5 time later just to see what tickets are available and was offerred a ticket each time.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Exactly. Which renders even further pointless (and more objectionable) the buiying of Bournemouth cup points with no intention of going.

Basically if you want a ticket for any game you will, if you have the means and desire, be able to attend.

But only if you've had a season ticket since the Amex opened....... So your final paragraph is incorrect on so many levels!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
But only if you've had a season ticket since the Amex opened....... So your final paragraph is incorrect on so many levels!

Ah - yes you're right that is an important caveat.

If you are an ST holder then you will be able to attend pretty much any away game.

:thumbsup:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Six years ago, I was living and working in Cornwall, so didn't have a season ticket. I still went to some away games, as I have done for 45 years.

I'm not going to start complaining, exactly, but I do find it very frustrating that I now can't get to away league games at all (I went last night).

I know plenty of people who can't afford a season ticket but have gone to as many games as they could afford for many years. It seems incredible that they now have no access whatsoever to away tickets.

I guess we could see this coming, but the reality has been somewhat starker than I'd imagined.

Did you buy a ticket for Barnet? If not that would have done it.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Guy I go with has had ST for 5 years at Amex, and has been with me to at least 10 away games a season (on his account / points) for the past 3 years.

I have 305 points; he has 217 points - bizarre.

My mate who has had a season ticket for 5 years, I have had one for 6 at the Amex, attended all the same home and away games, he had 204 points at the start of the season I started with 200.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton

Suspect if we're in the Prem next year the club might make a section (maybe 10 or 20 %) of each allocation open to ballot so everyone at least has a chance. But for the first season they've decided to reward those who've had a season ticket longest which is fair enough, just frustrating for those loyal fans who haven't had one as long.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
could be a problem geting back home on the trains espesially if it goes like last night to extra time
regards
DR

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
12:56 update

Still 3 tickets available in Area 220

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I suspect there are plenty of people who have been away with the club as a last minute decision using tickets that have already been bought on someone else's account, not really ever picking up on the relevance of loyalty points until now.

Last season I went to seven away games and picked up zero loyalty points.

Either from Buying in the Neuteral End at Fulham, paying on the day or Buying a mates ticket from them, I didnt think much about it.

I should mention I did pick up Loyalty points from home league cup game and a few other aways.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Suspect if we're in the Prem next year the club might make a section (maybe 10 or 20 %) of each allocation open to ballot so everyone at least has a chance. But for the first season they've decided to reward those who've had a season ticket longest which is fair enough, just frustrating for those loyal fans who haven't had one as long.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Indeed. Particularly if, like me, you just had a gap in season ticket ownership rather than just started buying one more recently. There are many reasons for this to be the case and I have seen others saying they have had similar gaps in recent years.

My 2 years in Cornwall were for personal reasons and the only time in my life I've lived more than 15 miles from where I was born.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Site says sold out, but when you click "buy" there is still a handful of seats available (changes every few minutes).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here