Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hodgson on talkSPORT just now

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Personally, I think it's dangerous to underestimate Hodgson based on his England tenure... It's killed off both netter and worse managers' careers. Liverpool is a red herring too. Dalglish was briefing against him from the moment he signed on.

His tenure at Fulham and West Brom show that at the right, mid-sized club, he can be a success. Whether he will be in his 70's remains to be seen.

There's a difference between those clubs and Palace: Fulham and West Brom didn't, in my recollection, have a view of themselves as being an upper midtable team by rights, held back by poor management. Neither did they have egotistical, interfering pillocks in the boardroom for him to contend with (Al-Fayed was a surprisingly good chairman, as far as I remember). There appear to be a fair few egos at Palace, and his tenure at Liverpool and England is relevant inasmuch as it suggests that he's actually pretty rubbish at dealing with teams whose players and supporters have hyped-up expectations of who and what they are.

I could be wrong, obviously, but this looks like a pleasingly poor appointment to me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
giphy.gif

I absolutely LOVE this.

Roy glances up at the big screen and does a double-take, suddenly realising the camera's on him. Thinks "oh SHIT, I'd better look like I know what hell I'm doing....I'd better look PURPOSEFUL. Now then...hmmm, how can I change the course of this cuffing disaster *strokes chin thoughtfully*....how long is left ?"

:lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He sat down in that interview and said "I don't know what I'm doing here". Yes Roy. We certainly gathered that.

Harry Kane on corners anyone ?

Then there was the day Iceland - who by then we knew would likely be our opponents in the last 16 - were playing Austria in Paris. Roy was in Paris too. Not for the game though. He was on a boat trip on the Seine, because "Ray (Lewington) has never seen Paris". Had he scouted that game, he may have noticed Icelands moderately effective tactic of launching big long throws deep into the box onto a big Nordic head to flick-on and score. Maybe he read about it, or watched the highlights, who knows.

But we all know what went and happened. Its that kind of attention to detail that really sets managers apart, dontcha think.

I'm with you on this. Complacency of the highest order. And there's a reason why a manager Roy's age has never been hired in Premier League history - you lose your sharpness. I think the only way he'll have any success at Palace is if he dons a Sam Allardyce mask and tells them to lump it long to the front men.

This has the potential to go as badly wrong as FDB, but via a different route. Either way, I'll be bringing in a spare pair of trousers to work from now on because with Palace you never know when you might piss yourself laughing.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm with you on this. Complacency of the highest order. And there's a reason why a manager Roy's age has never been hired in Premier League history - you lose your sharpness. I think the only way he'll have any success at Palace is if he dons a Sam Allardyce mask and tells them to lump it long to the front men.

This has the potential to go as badly wrong as FDB, but via a different route. Either way, I'll be bringing in a spare pair of trousers to work from now on because with Palace you never know when you might piss yourself laughing.

Good old Palace. Many on here have gone from pissing the bed over our transfer window to pissing themselves laughing about the Croydon farce. They always deliver.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
ManBetX- is that the sponsor?!

Sounds camp as hell.

Roy is incompetent- bad luck for them, can't see this going well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
b59f727c66024a31a3d302a1fb7332fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I thought the spoof interview on Absolute Radio this morning (must have been just after 7:30) was brilliant. Had me crying with laughter, which is not my usual demeanour whilst parked on the M25.

Just wish I could remember some of the great lines "he" came out with.

Was it this:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
giphy.gif

I absolutely LOVE this.

Roy glances up at the big screen and does a double-take, suddenly realising the camera's on him. Thinks "oh SHIT, I'd better look like I know what hell I'm doing....I'd better look PURPOSEFUL. Now then...hmmm, how can I change the course of this cuffing disaster *strokes chin thoughtfully*....how long is left ?"

:lolol:

Gordon Brown :ffsparr::lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here