Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will play CM in the cup?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In that case we'd better leave them out on Friday as well.
Well there isn't the same danger.

In the cup game the axe man could be an U23 who Bournemouth don't care about a banning.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They could bring one on on Friday with 10 or 15 to go. Job done.
Yes they could.

I'd look to mitigate against the total risk though by not playing Pröpper or Stephens in the cup game.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Neither Pröpper nor Stephens should be anywhere that pitch on Tuesday ffs.
Actually, my first thought is that I want to win on Tuesday, so want our strongest possible team out, with maybe just a couple of youngsters included. This competition is our best chance of Europe.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Actually, my first thought is that I want to win[]/B] on Tuesday, so want our strongest possible team out, with maybe just a couple of youngsters included. This competition is our best chance of Europe.

Sooner we are out, the better. We ain't gonna win it! Same with the FA Cup sponsored by whoever.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I am sure TB's goal will be to remain within the PL, with no delusions of winning it (just yet!). Give him the choice of a domestic Cup or PL survival.....I think we know.

We are all realistic enough to know that Premier survival is the clubs goal, however while we aren't a Chelsea or any other club in Europe surely a second goal must be a cup run. Are any English clubs going to win the Champions League, probably not but they still field relatively strong sides in all competitions.
We scrapped through against Barnet why not give it a go at Bournemouth.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Argus reckons both sides will field a different team for each fixture and 40 or so players will feature over the 2 games.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We are all realistic enough to know that Premier survival is the clubs goal, however while we aren't a Chelsea or any other club in Europe surely a second goal must be a cup run. Are any English clubs going to win the Champions League, probably not but they still field relatively strong sides in all competitions.
We scrapped through against Barnet why not give it a go at Bournemouth.

I think there's a slight difference between the Champions League and Milk Cup

The former is for the elite to compete against the very best in Europe, claim the bragging rights, earn shitloads of money and attract the best players on the planet

Until the semi finals (at the earliest) the latter may present an opportunity for lower league clubs to make a few quid; but for PL and aspiring Champ clubs is little more than a distraction that has the potential to injure your most needed players but gives the opportunity to try out fringe players in some sort of competitive arena

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here