Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will play CM in the cup?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
So anyone got any further information on who we're going to play in midfield? I'm assuming both Stephens and Propper will rested

This is what Naylor thinks:

Guess pre press with CH (4-4-1-1): Maenpaa; Schelotto, Goldson, Uwe, Rosenior; Murphy, Molumby, Brown, Skalak; Izquierdo; Murray.

I thought Molumby was injured?

I guess we'll know more after press conference. U23 play tonight too, so might be some pointers there.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Casper Ankergren actually started his professional football career as a centre midfielder, so I'm going for him and Dessie Hutchinson.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is what Naylor thinks:

Guess pre press with CH (4-4-1-1): Maenpaa; Schelotto, Goldson, Uwe, Rosenior; Murphy, Molumby, Brown, Skalak; Izquierdo; Murray.

I thought Molumby was injured?

I guess we'll know more after press conference. U23 play tonight too, so might be some pointers there.

Was there anything other than his hastily deleted tweet about this ?

I don't think we have any information about this injury.

Maybe it is all resolved now ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
If the other cup games are anything to go by then Hughton just gives everyone else in the first team squad (the 25) who hasn't started recently a chance to start and get some minutes.

If injuries mean thats impossible he dips into the u23 squad and/or a few of them on bench.

V.rarely indeed would he resort to someone who played on Saturday or is a first team first choice although it has be known. although often a couple are put on the bench.

But Bong, Bruno, Baldock, Kayal, Sidwell are all out so his choices are limited.

which only leaves

Maenpaa, Schletto, Uwe, Goldson, Skalak, Murphy, Murray, Brown (if fit), Izquierdo as definite starters I'd say

and Molumby (if fit) + 1

and a bench of probably
Krul (if fit), Mateju, Ahannach, Connolly, Tilley (all of whom were in the 18 v Barnet) + 2 short of minutes ? (Rosenior, er, )

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Summer signings Jose Izquierdo, Ezequiel Schelotto and Tim Krul could be handed their first starts for the club, while Jayson Molumby and Dessie Hutchinson are both included in the matchday squad.

Izzy Brown has returned to training but Sunday’s game against Newcastle United is more realistic in terms of the winger making his return from injury.

Gaetan Bong (thigh) has recovered from injury and is available, but Steve Sidwell, Beram Kayal and Sam Baldock all remain sidelined.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...uth-vs-brighton-and-hove-albion-on-19-sep-17/

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
So here's my guess for the team:

Krul (if fit)
Scheletto----Goldson----Uwe----Bong (although Rosenior might play)
Murphy----Dessie----Molumby----izquierdo
-----------------Skalak
-----------------Murray

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Could Skalak be converted to a centre mid? Best chance he's got of seeing any game time anytime soon.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I don't think he can afford to risk Murray.

Maenpaa

Schelotto Goldson Uwe Bong

Tilley Molumby Rosenior Izquierdo

Skalak

Murphy

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I thought he was a centre back, shows what I know. Any info on him?

Hutchinson is from Dunmore East in Waterford. He studied at De La Salle College, an All Boys' Voluntary Catholic Secondary School. He played for Waterford Bohemians FC, a Junior League football club, and in April 2013 was a member of the Waterford & District Junior League side that lost in the FAI Umbro Youth Inter-League Cup Final to Wexford Football League at Ozier Park, Waterford.

He plays mostly in central midfield but has also been utilized in central defence. He started his scholarship with Albion in the summer of 2013. He was called up by the ROI U-19 squad for two friendly matches in Sweden in October 2014 (playing in both games). In November 2014 he was a member of the ROI squad for the UEFA 2015 U-19 European Championship Qualifying Round matches (held in Ireland) – he made one appearance.

In January 2015 he was in the first team squad for the home Championship match against Ipswich (although not making the 18 – I created a thread at the time). He was in the ROI U-19 squad for two friendly matches against Azerbaijan in February 2015, playing one match, and was called up for, but forced to withdraw [with tonsilitis] from, the UEFA 2015 U-19 European Championship Elite Qualifying Round matches in March 2015.

He played no part in pre-season 2015 due to a bad ankle injury. In fact he injured ankle ligaments and was out for nearly 5 months. Having returned to the U-21 side he then busted his elbow against Villa in March 2016. There was an article on him in the Argus on May 11 2017 when he was asked about Albion’s promotion to the Premier League:-

It makes it harder. Every standard goes up and better players are coming in all the time. It is up to us to show what we can do and hopefully that will be enough, whether it is coming through here or going out and getting some experience with a lower league team. Everyone wants to be playing first team football somewhere. A few of the lads have been out on loan and they say it is vital to get that experience. It is very different to what we get here in the under-23 league, which is more technical. Everyone who has gone out has benefited from it bigtime. The Checkatrade Trophy helped us massively. .. It gave us a taste of what we would need when we played Crawley at the end of the season [in the final of the Sussex Senior Cup]. It's hard to come in and play against more physical players but we had already got used to that type of game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here