Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will play CM in the cup?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes, fine by me - Molumbey (if fit) is in contention, isn't he? I was just responding to the general fears on this thread that without Stephens and Propper we'd have no-one to partner him. If they're so desperately tired that they can hardly drag their weary bones from the changing room to the pitch, they can do 45 minutes each.
And yes, give youth a chance by all means - yes please - but not too many at a time! Two untried youngster in the centre of midfield would be pushing it a bit.

Agree on both your points here, ie, sharing Stephens and Propper with Molumby, and not throwing too many youngsters in at once.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The lad we signed from Orient is a midfielder

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If Molumby isn't fit, and Hughton promotes from the development squad, I would imagine his options would be Des Hutchinson, Danny Mandroiu or possibly Will Collar.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I reckon Goldson would be able to do a job in there, good ball player, bags of pace and can win a tackle.

Bring in an U23 CB alongside Uwe.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I've got a radical idea, let's put some first teamers in the starting XI for a first team fixture. You never know it might just work.
Yes, as long as it isn't Stephens or Pröpper as Bournemouth will know that one of their squad players crocking either of them could derail our season.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Yes, as long as it isn't Stephens or Pröpper as Bournemouth will know that one of their squad players crocking either of them could derail our season.

Don't be so cynical, that sort of thing doesn't happen. I'm sure the referee will protect players.
The first team already have fewer games than last season and another international break is just round the corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here