Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Court

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Arguably, you could also include The Valley in re-built grounds too.

I have to say that St James' Park was a totally different ground on my two visits there (1979 & 2016). Still counts as the same ground though, surely? Same site = same ground.

theboybilly

Arguably, you could also include The Valley in re-built grounds too.

I don't think you can. The Valley uses the same footprint and indeed the Jimmy Seed Stand ( the away end) still has much of the old Valley about it (turnstiles, catering etc) Dean Court is still Dean Court no matter what they've done with it. To me a 'new ground' is only new when the host club ups sticks

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Looking at the programme notes for the first game at the new stadium against Wrexham 10th Nov 2001

"Welcome to the Fitness First Stadium at Dean Court for our first ever game here.."..that 's obviously been lost in translation as the naming rights have been kited around but to us Its still Dean Court.

The new ground will be a few hundred yards away...

Yoda

English & European
https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/new-stadium-site-identified

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/plans-submitted-for-new-training-complex

They've bought a Golf Club to build a training complex and hope to get a new Dean Court/ Vitality Ground built next door.

Contrary to what it says on there. From what I've heard on the athletics scene, is that any new stadium within Kings Park is paramount to them (either the council or club) locating a site and building a new athletics track/venue for Bournemouth AC.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Me and my mates decided it's a new ground as far as our "92" is concerned.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I won't be counting it as a new ground. Pretty much the same footprint just rotated by about 90 degrees. Same with White Hart Lane or Wembley.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I've always thought of Dean Court as the same ground,

I work on the basis that unless I have to travel somewhere different, its the same ground, even if it is rebuilt.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Although it's on the same ground I reckon you get a tick for the 'old' Dean Court and another for 'new' Dean Court on your lists.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I remember it always seemed to rain when we had that open terrace behind the goal. I'll never forget Ian Chapman's screamer though; was it 88-89?

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
I remember it always seemed to rain when we had that open terrace behind the goal. I'll never forget Ian Chapman's screamer though; was it 88-89?

Me too - wading through the mud to get there. Happy (if wet) memories of winning 3-0 in a quagmire (around 1995ish?)
Minton and McDougald taking full advantage of a swamp down at away supporters end - punting the ball forward, McDougald outsprinting their full back to reach the sunken ball, to cross to Minton. Got pretty drunk on the way back that night!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
When they build their new stadium a few hundred yards away (or perhaps that should be 'if' - they won't need one in the Championship) then I'll count it as a new ground. Right now it's still Dean Court.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I won't be counting it as a new ground. Pretty much the same footprint just rotated by about 90 degrees. Same with White Hart Lane or Wembley.

Wembley is certainly a new ground.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I do worry about Bournemouth getting sucked into building a new stadium. Don't get me wrong, I wish them all the best, but until the fan based is well-established they are in danger of doing a Darlington and building a massive white elephant. And to be clear, I want them to survive this year. We need more clubs of significant size in the south, not less. For too long, and for obvious historical reasons, the north has had more clubs of size than the south (I exclude London from this).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here