Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Dean Court

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well , yes!

But in all seriousness, the football map changed decades ago. You could plonk a Premier league team and stadium in just about any major town or city in the country and 20,000 is the bare minimum you could expect to attract. Bournemouth isn't a small town by any stretch, and they'd understandably feel that their lack of success historically should have no bearing on their ambition. Reading and Wigan prove the point really.
    Not quite, even in the PL Wigan struggled to get 18k through the gates, which is 7k short of capacity.

Bournemouth has far bigger scope.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      Not quite, even in the PL Wigan struggled to get 18k through the gates, which is 7k short of capacity.

Bournemouth has far bigger scope.
      Wigan is a bit of an oddity though, as they're far more obsessed with seeing 26 meatheads chasing a miss-shapen egg around the place up there.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      Wigan is a bit of an oddity though, as they're far more obsessed with seeing 30 meatheads chasing a miss-shapen egg around the place up there.
      An oddity that won the FA cup, which as far as i'm concerned finished off the debate on whether it means anything anymore.

*Yes i'd still love to win it.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rippleman View Post
      Exactly! Baffling why they didn't. Increased capacity = increased revenue.

Personal view is that clubs shouldn't be allowed to play in the PL if their ground is not up to scratch. Hardly seems equitable that we have to give them 3K tickets when they come to the Amex but they only have to give us 1300 (ish) thereby depriving many of our supporters the chance to attend.

#tinpot
      The land around Dean Court is Kings Park which is protected by the 5 Parks Act.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rippleman View Post
      Exactly! Baffling why they didn't. Increased capacity = increased revenue.

Personal view is that clubs shouldn't be allowed to play in the PL if their ground is not up to scratch. Hardly seems equitable that we have to give them 3K tickets when they come to the Amex but they only have to give us 1300 (ish) thereby depriving many of our supporters the chance to attend.

#tinpot
      Short memories on here. What did you give us at the Withdean, 800 I recall. Similar situation to us at the time in that you were in a rented ground looking to relocate and build elsewhere. The ground is totally up to scratch by the way (7 million to get it to PL standards) its just small - sorry about that :-)

There were plans to expand to 15000 2 years back but a dispute between the landlord and the club over a buy back meant the club decided to move elsewhere. The Council also piped up and said the current site wasn't suitable for redevelopment.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by afcb View Post
      Short memories on here. What did you give us at the Withdean, 800 I recall. Similar situation to us at the time in that you were in a rented ground looking to relocate and build elsewhere. The ground is totally up to scratch by the way (7 million to get it to PL standards) its just small - sorry about that :-)
      Yes, but we were both dossing about in the 3rd division then.

Having an 11k ground in the PL is totally inadequate. Its a highly unusual pretty much unprecedented situation to have such a tiny club and ground in the Premier League, but financial doping on the playing side enabled it to happen, so it is what it is I suppose.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      Yes, but we were both dossing about in the 3rd division then.

but financial doping on the playing side enabled it to happen, so it is what it is I suppose.
      Have you lot come up with a suitable chant for that old chestnut yet

Hopefully within a few years we'll have a 25k stadium with mahoosive depreciation and an academy capable of swallowing loads of debt.

0 Not allowed!
      Have you lot come up with a suitable chant for that old chestnut yet

Hopefully within a few years we'll have a 25k stadium with mahoosive depreciation and an academy capable of swallowing loads of debt.
      Well, its not THAT old a chestnut chap - its only a couple of seasons ago that you cheated the division to get yourselves up. The gamble paid off and you've been reaping the rewards ever since, which is great for you of course.

Our owner invested in the clubs infrastructure first to get BHA ready for the PL off the pitch. Then he pushed the boat out a little further to get us ready on it. Your owner has done it the other way round, by completely ignoring the rules and splurging on the team first, and THEN began thinking about bringing Plucky up to scratch in terms of infrastructure. And maybe one day you'll get there, who knows when.

Till then its a case of making do I guess, but if you DO drop out of the PL, it'll be interesting to see whether a 25k stadium is still actively pursued and on the agenda, as you certainly won't have the urgency that we had at the time to move to a new home.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Can you stick some more euphemisms in that post...?

pretty please

Why does any topic on AFCB get hijacked and go down the same old route...is it some kind of defence mechanism?

0 Not allowed!
      Can you stick some more euphemisms in that post...?

pretty please

Why does any topic on AFCB get hijacked and go down the same old route...is it some kind of defence mechanism?
      It's a forum, people have opinions.

I'm sure if I visited whatever your main forum is, I would find plenty of negativity directed towards us, factual or otherwise. In fact you even brought some over here.. "An Academy swallowing our debt".. what's that about?

Personally I have nothing against Bournemouth, in fact out of the (supposed) south-coasterly 'neighbours' I would much rather have your club knocking around the top with us than any of the alternatives that's for sure.