Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52
  1. #21
    Members
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lancing
    Posts
    2,128


    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's Croydon classed as?
    Shithole.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #22
      Members Simster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Surrey
      Posts
      44,719


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Having lived in both... they're very hard to compare as Brighton (and I think we should talk about the urban area here) is spread along the coast. So when you say from one side to the other, do you mean from Saltdean to Littlehampton or do you mean from Shoreham beach to Shoreham airport.

      Equally, Nottingham's city centre isn't massive large in any direction, whereas it's a hell of a walk from St James St to Hove library, all of which could be considered the City Centre imho.

      Nottingham has four exists off the M1 in a ten mile stretch. Brighton has circa 9 off the A27 in a ten mile stretch. But Brighton is obviously only accessible from the North, by road.
      Like you, I've lived in both and fully concur with this.

      I always think the number of train stations in a metropolitan area is a good indication of size. The city of Brighton & Hove has 5 or 6 I think, so is fairly big.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
    • #23
      Members Colonel Angus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      Deep South where it's warm and moist
      Posts
      537


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What's Croydon classed as?
      Croydon is the Tag Nut dangling between the legs of the City of London.
    • #24
      Members
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Location
      Brighton, United Kingdom
      Posts
      2,245


      2 Not allowed!
      I think effectively Newhaven to Worthing are essentially one place. Certainly if you drove along the seafront without knowing the area would you think you had entered and left 8 separate places? Newhaven, Peacehaven, Saltdean,Brighton, Hove, Portslade, Shoreham, Lancing and Worthing? (I've left Fishersgate and Southwick out)
    • #25
      Members Kalimantan Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Central Borneo / the Lizard
      Posts
      6,258


      0 Not allowed!
      Imagine how big Brighton could get if it didn't have all that annoying sea on one side. Would be truly massive
    • #26
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      33,058


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I always think the number of train stations in a metropolitan area is a good indication of size. The city of Brighton & Hove has 5 or 6 I think, so is fairly big.
      Have you left out Aldrington?
      Checking the league table
    • #27
      Who's Next? The Large One's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      97.2FM
      Posts
      50,685


      0 Not allowed!
      In terms of metropolitan areas, we're listed as the Brighton-Worthing-Littlehampton conurbation - and the 12th largest.

      The coastal strip of the city (as in the administrative city) is 8 miles, from Portslade to Saltdean.

      If you want the furthest extremeties - Mile Oak to 'north' Saltdean is 10.7 miles.
      The Albion Roar on Twitter
      New radio show on Radio Reverb 97.2FM - 'Move On Up'. Mod, soul, ska, Northern, jazz. Every other Saturday at 7pm
    • #28
      Who's Next? The Large One's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      97.2FM
      Posts
      50,685


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I always think the number of train stations in a metropolitan area is a good indication of size. The city of Brighton & Hove has 5 or 6 I think, so is fairly big.
      Within the city boundaries, there are eight.

      Brighton
      Hove
      Aldrington
      Portslade
      Preston Park
      London Road
      Moulsecoomb
      Falmer

      The city boundary starts at the eastern end Fishersgate station platform.
      The Albion Roar on Twitter
      New radio show on Radio Reverb 97.2FM - 'Move On Up'. Mod, soul, ska, Northern, jazz. Every other Saturday at 7pm
    • #29
      Members Peter Grummit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Lewes
      Posts
      5,001


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Like you, I've lived in both and fully concur with this.

      I always think the number of train stations in a metropolitan area is a good indication of size. The city of Brighton & Hove has 5 or 6 I think, so is fairly big.
      There are 8 train stations within the city boundary.
      Falmer
      Moulscoomb
      London Road
      Brighton
      Preston park
      Hove
      Aldrington
      Portslade


      Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
      Harry!Harry!Harry!
    • #30
      BHA 4-1 SCFC Brok's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Cheshire
      Posts
      900


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

      I always think the number of train stations in a metropolitan area is a good indication of size. The city of Brighton & Hove has 5 or 6 I think, so is fairly big.
      Worthing has five.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •