Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***CC Division Two, Sussex v Derbyshire, County Ground Hove, Sep 12-15 10.30 startsl***

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Derby commentator is as convinced that Derbyshire will fail to get 300 runs as much as they will be unable to bowl out any side twice.
Derby have been pretty useless all season. We made them look good for 70 overs but we could and should still get back in this game...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You were going so well.....
I enjoy "the joke" but it is occasionally nice to talk about the cricket too... :)

No idea what was first innings par on this wicket and how well we are in the game.

Suspect we wanted them out for no more than around 280 when we started - obviously will have to settle for a few more than that now.

New ball will be crucial - blast out the three wickets and at least we have fought back. A flurry of runs and they go past 320+ and things, on the face of it, look pretty grim...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Another goes - new ball does the job

Van Z makes it 8 down

Commentators saying how we have bowled a lot of no balls today, hope this is not the difference over 4 days.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Hold the back page...

Tailender makes career highest score against Sussex.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Maximum bowling points in the bag.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Press reporting that the beamer Whittingham bowled at Godlemen broke his hand. The batsman played on and scored 51, but says that results show he has a broken hand and is out for the rest of the season.

Hopefully won't affect Whittingham but it must not feel good to affect someone elses season like that.

Brian Owens report in the Argus about it

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/155...ays_sorry_after_opponent_injured_by__beamer_/

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Press reporting that the beamer Whittingham bowled at Godlemen broke his hand. The batsman played on and scored 51, but says that results show he has a broken hand and is out for the rest of the season.

Hopefully won't affect Whittingham but it must not feel good to affect someone elses season like that.

Brian Owens report in the Argus about it

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/155...ays_sorry_after_opponent_injured_by__beamer_/

1 less wicket to get in the 2nd innings :banana:

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Hove .jpgBit of a cold wind but looking a good day for cricket so far

Picture from ~Adrian Harms twitter account

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I enjoy "the joke" but it is occasionally nice to talk about the cricket too... :)

No idea what was first innings par on this wicket and how well we are in the game.

Suspect we wanted them out for no more than around 280 when we started - obviously will have to settle for a few more than that now.

New ball will be crucial - blast out the three wickets and at least we have fought back. A flurry of runs and they go past 320+ and things, on the face of it, look pretty grim...

No joking from me but wondered what your view was on Brown putting them in?

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
No joking from me but wondered what your view was on Brown putting them in?

I am not getting any commentary.

Its notable that normally Adrian will have an interview with a player or Brown on audio boom by now, but nothing. I think they made a big error in believing the pitch would do something, this was then compounded by all reports of us then bowling poorly and ill disciplined in the first part of the match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here