Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***CC Division Two, Sussex v Derbyshire, County Ground Hove, Sep 12-15 10.30 startsl***

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Oh well

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
'Podmore is a knob' is what Viljoen is thinking right now

I've been in both positions, in Lancashire League matches - I've taken nine wickets, and I've also taken the 'other one' when a team-mate took nine.

I think I only had the first five though, when the other went, so not too painful. The other lad when he did it, took the first nine. I spent about four overs bowling deliberately wide, until eventually the lad reached the end of his permitted 15 overs, and then bowled a straight one!

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I've been in both positions, in Lancashire League matches - I've taken nine wickets, and I've also taken the 'other one' when a team-mate took nine.

I think I only had the first five though, when the other went, so not too painful. The other lad when he did it, took the first nine. I spent about four overs bowling deliberately wide, until eventually the lad reached the end of his permitted 15 overs, and then bowled a straight one!

I've seen a 10 fer in club cricket. Oppos jokingly told their no. 11 to run himself out :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've seen a 10 fer in club cricket. Oppos jokingly told their no. 11 to run himself out :lolol:

I've never seen it, in a game I've watched or played in.

I'd absolutely LOVE to do it. The first seven is as close as I've managed. It is my holy grail. Probably will never happen now (I'm 46, and getting a bit SLOW)

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I've never seen it, in a game I've watched or played in.

I'd absolutely LOVE to do it. The first seven is as close as I've managed. It is my holy grail. Probably will never happen now (I'm 46, and getting a bit SLOW)

First 7 is as close as I've got too. I was genuinely pissed at the bloke who got the 8th wicket!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
First 7 is as close as I've got too. I was genuinely pissed at the bloke who got the 8th wicket!

When I took my nine-fer, the other wicket was a sky-er that was landing midway between me and another fielder. He called first, and held it. I'd like to think if he'd left it for me, I would have too...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Sounds like a classic Sussex so close and yes so far, this really will go down as the nearly season in all competitions.

Wonder if this is the last we have seen of some senior players like Goff and Wright, I hope not

Four days and down to 45 runs, we bowled a lot of no balls as well. 62 runs worth.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Rumours circulating around the County Ground that Wright will be off next year, possibly to Kent. How much longer has the Goff got left on his contract?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here