Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players Cleaning the Changing Rooms?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Interesting stuff.

It feels like the current Albion squad could easily do that sort of thing between them, and really mean it, which is a measure of the culture Chris Hughton and Tony Bloom have created at the club.

Not so sure about Benteke and his chums though.

I love it that the best team in the world (the All Blacks) can provide such a clear example of why top performers don't have to be complete tossers about it all - and in fact why players being more grounded, with some humility and respect for others, can actually enhance long run performance.

In non league circles it's etiquette to sweep up the changing room, and most do. If they don't it's usually because the home team don't have the foresight of leaving a bag or a broom.

Although we had one incident at Peacehaven a few seasons back (I won't name the team) one of the players decided to rip each and every peg off the wall. You can make a complaint and/or seek compensation from the club in question but it usually comes to nothing.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
In non league circles it's etiquette to sweep up the changing room, and most do. If they don't it's usually because the home team don't have the foresight of leaving a bag or a broom.
I didn't know that and am impressed. Leaving a changing room as you find it should be a given for all sports teams but it has never been that in my experience.

Providing a broom, dustpan & brush, and a bin bag for the players to be able to do it is obviously a key part and that isn't normal in all sport cultures - I don't think I've ever seen it in 35 years playing/coaching cricket or in my time playing club rugby.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Getting the Bus driver to wipe his own arse would be a start for Palace.

kiwigull

Nov 14, 2008
Behind closed doors culture is a lot different in New Zealand rugby than what is conveniently presented here. That being said I'd say it is world's apart from what the 'elite' in football would be used to! Love the old stories of apprenticeships etc in football!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We cleaned the changing room floor every week when playing football, well for home games anyway.

In all the 20 years i played football that was the case, Dustpan, Brush and Broom, always leave it as you find it.

And if it was in a mess when you arrive you get hold of the previous team that used that dressing room and tell them to buck thier ideas up !

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
They even have Umper Lumpers put their socks on for them. It is ridiculous.

Little orange people hanging about with footballers are called WAGS, not Umper Lumpers.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm not following you around, honest!

0081953001505231730.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here