Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 315

Thread: iPhone X

  1. #21

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Solid at the back View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apple is very good for the older generation, very user friendly, even my nan can work out how to use the phones etc.
    She is only 43 though

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #22
      You can change this Bozza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Back in Sussex
      Posts
      37,081


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny RoastBeef View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's a nice enough looking phone, but I'm hanging on for the next paradigm shift.

      Getting board of pigeon steps into the future. I hoped Apple would break the mould for this anniversary model.
      Hasn't it just been spec bumps, of sorts, from all suppliers, for a fair few years now?
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.
    • #23
      Members
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Shoreham Beaaaach
      Posts
      451


      0 Not allowed!
      Just dont get the Apple circus. Its a bloody phone. Same as mine. makes calls, surfs the net and can take a photo. So why spend double the cost of other decent makes and be stung with 50% extra on your monthly Apple Only tarrif just to have an over rated fashion accessory.

      A couple of months ago Apples bank account hit over $250,000,000,000 in CASH - yes that is a quarter of a trillion dollars. Just sitting in their account, fleeced off unsuspecting idjits whio need the lastest xxx mmust have.

      Recently upgraded to the Samsung S7 for free as the S8 is the new hair on the dogs gonads (apparently). Works for me. Feel better with 25 a month less on my tarrif and 1k less spend that the lastest Apple rip-off X.
    • #24
      You can change this Bozza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Back in Sussex
      Posts
      37,081


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by B-right-on View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Just dont get the Apple circus. Its a bloody phone. Same as mine. makes calls, surfs the net and can take a photo. So why spend double the cost of other decent makes and be stung with 50% extra on your monthly Apple Only tarrif just to have an over rated fashion accessory.

      A couple of months ago Apples bank account hit over $250,000,000,000 in CASH - yes that is a quarter of a trillion dollars. Just sitting in their account, fleeced off unsuspecting idjits whio need the lastest xxx mmust have.

      Recently upgraded to the Samsung S7 for free as the S8 is the new hair on the dogs gonads (apparently). Works for me. Feel better with 25 a month less on my tarrif and 1k less spend that the lastest Apple rip-off X.
      The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 which is launching now-ish is c900. The iPhone X will be similar. The "Apple phones are a lot more expensive" thing has long been a myth - the top iPhone costs broadly the same as the flagship Android phones of the time.

      If you don't want "state of the art" in Apple-land you can pay a lot less too. As you say, no one really needs the new phone when it comes out.
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.
    • #25

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by B-right-on View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Just dont get the Apple circus. Its a bloody phone. Same as mine. makes calls, surfs the net and can take a photo. So why spend double the cost of other decent makes and be stung with 50% extra on your monthly Apple Only tarrif just to have an over rated fashion accessory.

      A couple of months ago Apples bank account hit over $250,000,000,000 in CASH - yes that is a quarter of a trillion dollars. Just sitting in their account, fleeced off unsuspecting idjits whio need the lastest xxx mmust have.

      Recently upgraded to the Samsung S7 for free as the S8 is the new hair on the dogs gonads (apparently). Works for me. Feel better with 25 a month less on my tarrif and 1k less spend that the lastest Apple rip-off X.
      It's just a con buddy, it's designed for the older generation.
    • #26
      Who wants a fur coat? Johnny RoastBeef's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      404


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Hasn't it just been spec bumps, of sorts, from all suppliers, for a fair few years now?
      Absolutely, that's what's bugging me. I guess we got spoilt by the originality of the first iPhone, something so radically different to what went before. I just want that again.

      I can only imagine it would take some sort of implant tech to be anywhere near as progressive as that leap 10 years ago.
      "Johnny RoastBeef had to keep them all tied up and away from the alarms"
    • #27

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That doesn't sound good. How well with that work in a dark room I wonder. I'd rather a fingerprint reader on the back.

      Wireless and OLED - nice that they're following others.
      Assuming it's like the Microsoft Surface then it'll be using an infra camera for face ID, will be fine in the dark. Sometimes it's fun trying to leave my desk with the laptop locked - I'm looking at it to check it's locked, which unlocks the *******. Like keyless entry problems

      I'd wait for the first patch, bound to be teething problems with this one.
    • #28
      Surrounded by <div>s Grombleton's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      4,770


      0 Not allowed!
      Left the iPhone gaggle and went for a Galaxy S8 a couple of months ago. Glad I did.
    • #29
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      31,980


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by FatSuperman View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Assuming it's like the Microsoft Surface then it'll be using an infra camera for face ID, will be fine in the dark. Sometimes it's fun trying to leave my desk with the laptop locked - I'm looking at it to check it's locked, which unlocks the *******. Like keyless entry problems
      I guess it works well then. I would expect Apple to get it right, but then I'm pretty happy with a rear sensor.
      Mattress shopping
    • #30

      0 Not allowed!
      Very excited. Mostly for a 'plus' sized screen in a regular sized body (or there abouts).

      Love my plus, but anything they can shave off the size is great.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
yyy