Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Capture.JPG

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mine also arrived today. The display is absolutely brilliant.

I wasn’t expecting mine for a few weeks; it was a nice surprise. Earlier, I sent the missus and talking pig animoji. I will sent her a cat shortly; she likes cats.

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Mine arrived today (had to rearrange delivery as I knew I wouldn't be around to accept it yesterday, and didn't want it delivered to work - I bought it for myself, not because I want people going 'ooh, you have an iphone x!').

I have mostly been downloading apps that I couldn't download on my old phone and setting it up, but already I'm enjoying it more than my old one.

Three questions for the hive mind that is NSC -
-What other apps should I download? I'm mostly thinking practical (I have the buses app for cheaper tickets and bus times, bank apps, shopping apps) rather than games or creative things like movie or photo editing apps. I refuse to download tapatalk again.
-What are peoples' thoughts on insurance for the phone? It's an expensive bit of kit, might be targetted by thieves, is it wise to just risk it?
-How do I explain to the loved ones in my life I can't afford christmas presents because I've treated myself to an expensive version of something when a much, much cheaper version would have been sufficient?*

*that last one isn't serious, I have mostly finished my christmas shopping. Just one or two things left to go.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I noticed this amidst the Black Friday deals today. Radio, alarm and torch, what more could one possibly want? and change from a tenner!! Puts the iPhone X to shame :lolol:....

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 23.51.49.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How are people getting on with their X?

I accidentally reserved one to pick up at Churchill Square today. I don't have no obligation to get it, but if it really is the best phone in the whole wide world ever, then maybe I should.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I accidentally reserved one to pick up at Churchill Square today. I don't have no obligation to get it, but if it really is the best phone in the whole wide world ever, then maybe I should.

Love it. I’m not getting as many “Ooooooo, you’ve got the new IPhone X” responses as I hoped but otherwise all good. And who doesn’t want to send friends talking pig emojis? It’s revolutionised my communication.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014

It really isn't and you shouldn't get one....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Love it. I’m not getting as many “Ooooooo, you’ve got the new IPhone X” responses as I hoped but otherwise all good. And who doesn’t want to send friends talking pig emojis? It’s revolutionised my communication.

That's the sort of review I was hoping for.

I saw another Albion fan with an X on the train back from Manchester United. I did think it looked as though we was going through a communication revolution and I felt I need a bit of that action.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I saw another Albion fan with an X on the train back from Manchester United. I did think it looked as though we was going through a communication revolution and I felt I need a bit of that action.

I might even try out the talking unicorn this weekend. I’ve been saving this one.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014

So confirmation bias.... you were waiting for something to back up your already made mind?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Isn't the Google Pixel 2 XL now the current top phone ?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Played with one at Churchill Sq about an hour ago. They offered me £190 for my 64gb Iphone 6 plus, then I was drawn to the 12.9 inch Ipad Pro, I am torn between one and the other now!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Played with one at Churchill Sq about an hour ago. They offered me £190 for my 64gb Iphone 6 plus, then I was drawn to the 12.9 inch Ipad Pro, I am torn between one and the other now!

We needed a new iPad a month or so back and I took ages to decide between the regular one and the Pro. Went for the regular one in the end - couldn't justify all that extra for the Pro.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

It's good, responsive and intuitive. Upgraded from a 5s so very happy.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here