Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] iPhone X

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I probably won't get the iPhone X but may get the 8+ cos I like the bigger screen
There again wait for a year and the iPhone 11 will be out and they'll be giving the iphone X away (well sorta)
I'd still be interested to hear of anyone's experience with the new phone though

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You're actually going to get one! #moreMoneyThanSense

Yes. I didn't upgrade last time, but the missus did. Ive suffered the ignomy for a full year and it's not nice. Very shortly I'll be top dog again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Highlighting that you have more money than sense is not breaking news.
I didn't upgrade last time, but the missus did. Ive suffered the ignomy for a full year and it's not nice. Very shortly I'll be top dog again.
You must unlearn what you have learned. Being the one with the older phone makes you a better individual than the muppet that feels the need to constantly upgrade.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Probably the most comprehensive review out there that I've seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvVKnC6gGtg

Not many full reviews out there at the moment due to the limited time the device has been available, but this is a more balanced Q&A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c_aVmRUfpE

Problems with apps not adapting to the 'notch', the face ID not recognising people in certain conditions, and the iPhone not being as easy to use as it once was.

If you already have a perfectly capable iPhone, there's nothing that I see here that warrants an upgrade.

Even Steve Wozniak isn't upgrading:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObluB-AjB-s

I still can't get over how bad that notch looks! Every time you go landscape, to watch a video for example, you have a cut out on the side of your screen.

iphone-x-notch-q_giga1.jpg

If I were to buy an iPhone, I would more more likely to buy the iPhone 8 Plus for the screen real estate without the notch.

But, I think Apple could release a turd and their share prices would still jump. :shit:

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'm more than happy with my 256 7 plus, I only got it in July. Unfortunately my 6 was knackered and I simply couldn't put up with it for a few more months.

If I had waited though I think I would've gone for the 8 plus rather than the X. Gonna have to wait and see what next year brings!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Highlighting that you have more money than sense is not breaking news.
You must unlearn what you have learned. Being the one with the older phone makes you a better individual than the muppet that feels the need to constantly upgrade.

Come on, when I rock up to the craft beer bar, or third wave coffee shop, and plonk my X on the table (I’ll probably give it The Liam Gallagher “come on”s as well) do you really think my friends will look at me and think they’re “better individuals”? No, of course they won’t.

You remind me of the school nurse telling school children that their nits only like clean hair.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Come on, when I rock up to the craft beer bar, or third wave coffee shop, and plonk my X on the table (I’ll probably give it The Liam Gallagher “come on”s as well) do you really think my friends will look at me and think they’re “better individuals”? No, of course they won’t.
I'm confused. You rightly mock the notion, yet you want to go with it anyway?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A guy in my team has just come in with his shiny new iPhone X. The reaction from everyone else my team is along the lines of:

giphy.gif

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
A guy in my team has just come in with his shiny new iPhone X. The reaction from everyone else my team is along the lines of:

giphy.gif

Similar happened in this office... until it got out that one of the girls involved in the mocking spent £900 on a handbag last weekend. I won't be buying an iPhone X, but I don't see splashing out on having the latest phone as a status symbol as any different from splashing out on [insert any accessory here] for exactly the same reason...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Similar happened in this office... until it got out that one of the girls involved in the mocking spent £900 on a handbag last weekend. I won't be buying an iPhone X, but I don't see splashing out on having the latest phone as a status symbol as any different from splashing out on [insert any accessory here] for exactly the same reason...

iPhone Xs, 900 quid handbags......any jobs going in your office?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Just under $1500 in BC.
Insane.

My 6 is on it's way out, getting slow and sluggish.
No chance I'll be paying anywhere near the above for a new phone.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Someone came in to the office today with a brand new Iphone X, dropped it whilst showing off and completely wrecked it.

No insurance either.

Jokes

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Just under $1500 in BC.
Insane.

My 6 is on it's way out, getting slow and sluggish.
No chance I'll be paying anywhere near the above for a new phone.

My 6 was on deaths door and I had to bite the bullet this week.

Just got a 7 - £500 instead of £300 more for pretty much the same phone.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here