Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] iPhone X

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bizarre. I'm not sure any of my last 3 or 4 phones have ever been connected to iTunes.
Are you able to easily copy music files onto an iPhone?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
the next 37 generations of iPhone are being worked on in secret mountain labs
But they need to wait for Samsung to come up with something new before Apple can properly copy it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bizarre. I'm not sure any of my last 3 or 4 phones have ever been connected to iTunes.

You can download whatever you like onto an iPhone. My phones have never been jailbroken yet I download non-App Store apps from time to time as required.

Of course, Google want you to go via Play (or whatever they have changed the name to this month) because of the proliferation of malware in Android-land.

Yes but you void your warranty when you jail break it. Why should you need to go those lengths? On my Samsung I can download anything outside of play no problem.

And are you saying you can put music on the device easily without iTunes and without jail breaking the phone?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes but you void your warranty when you jail break it. Why should you need to go those lengths? On my Samsung I can download anything outside of play no problem.

And are you saying you can put music on the device easily without iTunes and without jail breaking the phone?

I don't. I'll copy and paste the key words in my post as you seem to have mis-read them when they were surrounded with other ones: "My phones have never been jailbroken".

Anyway, what an exciting day it is. I'm glad NSC is united in their joy at the world's greatest phone arriving in a little over 8 hours time. It's rare that we all sing from the same hymn sheet.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyway, what an exciting day it is. I'm glad NSC is united in their joy at the world's greatest phone arriving in a little over 8 hours time.
When were you last this excited leading up to a Brighton game?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm a big fan of Apple, having a macbook, mac mini, ipad and iphone (5s) but I won't be upgrading as the 5s does all that I need. When it dies, I will probably replace it with the best value iphone.

Exactly the same boat as me. Unless something truly astonishing comes along, I'm fine with my 5s.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Each to their own. I use a blackberry z30, great phone. Using blackberry os10, shame BlackBerry didn't keep this instead of moving to android. Does what I need it to do.

Now I know why you're so angry and bitter :lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have had both Apple and android. I like both but the constant updates and messages telling me I'm running out of storage space on my android mean I tip in favour of iPhones. The iPhone just gets on with it, the android is a bit needy.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Android music transfer is a highly complex and time consuming exercise, COPY and PASTE.

Hope it's not too complicated for Apple users.

Wait - you connect your phone to a computer? How quaint.

Do you also have windows in your car that you manually wind down?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I'm done with Apple as far as their laptops go. The decision to remove all ports except USB-C is just ridiculously stupid.

However as for smartphones they are still the best* around.

*this is an opinion

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The iPhone release will be all over every news outlet all around the world later this evening.

When Samsung release a phone it barely gets a mention anywhere.

No one should care but a lot of people do.

I think there is a very simple reason for that, Apple is American, the home of hype and where they think everything is bigger and better etc, a huge behemothic juggernaut when it comes to selling something people don't necessarily need they are experts at making you want stuff. Samsung is South Korean. They both produce excellent products but Apple are better at making you want theirs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm done with Apple as far as their laptops go. The decision to remove all ports except USB-C is just ridiculously stupid.

However as for smartphones they are still the best* around.

*this is an opinion

I was all set to change laptops when the last MacBook Pros came out, but the prices were so eye-wateringly high I stayed where I am, which is a mid-2013 MacBook Air. It still does everything I need to do very easily indeed.

(I've had Apple laptops far longer than I've had Apple phones)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was all set to change laptops when the last MacBook Pros came out, but the prices were so eye-wateringly high I stayed where I am, which is a mid-2013 MacBook Air. It still does everything I need to do very easily indeed.

(I've had Apple laptops far longer than I've had Apple phones)

I nearly got sucked into that flash touchbar on the new MBPs, and was very close, but my late 2011 MBP is still going strong, so I'm sticking it out. In fact, my old late 2006 MBP is still going along nicely which my wife uses with stuff like Adobe Creative Suite. You can't put a price on longevity...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here