Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] iPhone X

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Apple is very good for the older generation, very user friendly, even my nan can work out how to use the phones etc.

Yeah, but what's the point in having something that's simple to use.

"I still haven't worked out how to use my Android phone as it's waaaaay more complicated than your iPhone." That makes it better, right?

What a strange concept.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Joking aside but why would anyone care? Apple long ago became just another phone, especially since the psycho-weirdo passed away.

bhafc1976

Apr 16, 2015
S8 knocks spots off iphone. Apple still holding people to ransom with lack of storage on their devices?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Joking aside but why would anyone care? Apple long ago became just another phone, especially since the psycho-weirdo passed away.

The iPhone release will be all over every news outlet all around the world later this evening.

When Samsung release a phone it barely gets a mention anywhere.

No one should care but a lot of people do.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Wonder how long it will be until someone in the pub asks if I've got the new iPhone charger.

Let's think. Fully charged up this morning flat battery by about 1pm.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wonder how long it will be until someone in the pub asks if I've got the new iPhone charger.

Let's think. Fully charged up this morning flat battery by about 1pm.

Myth again.

The bitterness from entrenched Android users is just bizarre.

I have plenty of friends with Android phones of varying flavours and nearly all will travel with battery packs to keep their phones going throughout the day. Depending on what I'm doing, I'll take one too.

All modern smartphones will struggle to last a day in the hands of someone who uses their phone a lot. It's the curse of the devices.

Truly extending battery life is the one innovation that would make a difference to many.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I have just finished a 2 year contract on a Samsung S6, and was for a moment blinded by all the hot deals for new handsets. But actually, nothing represents much of an improvement on what I already have IMO.

So I did a SIM only deal for 10 quid a month. I am feeling virtuous.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Switched from Apple years ago and have never looked back.... S7 edge is brilliant s8 not quite a leap enough to upgrade.

Ironically work have given me the latest iPhone. If I have the 2 phones sat side by side I will always pick up the s7 edge.

iPhone X doesn't seem to have ANYTHING original or exciting. Each release now seems to be duller than the last.....

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I got a bit fed up with Apple some years ago and changed from the iPhone to a Samsung.
Worst thing I ever did
Battery life was abysmal - I had to buy a new battery for the thing after a short while. I thought to myself "Well at least that's good that you can buy a better battery for it". They've taken that away from it now.
Last time I changed I went back to iPhone and am quite happy with my 6plus. Battery life isn't wonderful as I've had the thing for a couple of years now but, there again, I do use it a lot.
I don't know whether I'll get the new one - if I do I'll certainly wait for a couple of months or so until they release the first couple of patches.
One thing is certain though - if I do get a new phone it ain't going to be a Samsung.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The bitterness from entrenched Android users is just bizarre..

Could be a tribal thing? As football fans we are probably more prone to be in one camp or another, more so than your average punter.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The iPhone release will be all over every news outlet all around the world later this evening.

When Samsung release a phone it barely gets a mention anywhere.

No one should care but a lot of people do.
Only those who have fallen for the marketing hype over the years. Mrs V's brother still uses an early version iPhone and hangs on to it despite it being old and usually running out of minutes before his month is up.

I can't see him getting a newer model ever as he can't afford it so he is trapped in to falling ever further behind. He loves the kudos and image of having an iPhone despite that though. Poor chap.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Could be a tribal thing? As football fans we are probably more prone to be in one camp or another, more so than your average punter.

In my case I just got so pissed off with apples arrogance. The reliance on iTunes , no freedom in what I can download. Much less customisation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here