Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone X

Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alternatively, not being an Android fanboy and having little awareness of what happens in Android-land, all I did was look up the most recent Samsung product launch that was described as a flagship.
    Come on Bozza. You're really veering into Trump territory now.

I've paid no attention whatsoever to new Android phones recently but I still know the difference between a phone and a big phablet thing.

The publicity about the exploding note 7 (which I think you may have noticed) was enough for me to guess that the "note 8" might well be the latter. As its the same name, with a bigger number, you know?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      Come on Bozza. You're really veering into Trump territory now.

I've paid no attention whatsoever to new Android phones recently but I still know the difference between a phone and a big phablet thing.

The publicity about the exploding note 7 (which I think you may have noticed) was enough for me to guess that the "note 8" might well be the latter. As its the same name, with a bigger number, you know?
      You can call me a liar if you like, although I don't particularly appreciate it. I'd have no idea of the respective sizes of the various Samsung models.

Assuming what I've just searched for and found is correct, then the s8 plus is 6.2" and the Note 8 is 6.3". That's a pretty fine line between what you seem to be calling a phone and a phablet.
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      You can call me a liar if you like, although I don't particularly appreciate it. I'd have no idea of the respective sizes of the various Samsung models.

Assuming what I've just searched for and found is correct, then the s8 plus is 6.2" and the Note 8 is 6.3". That's a pretty fine line between what you seem to be calling a phone and a phablet.
      I'm not calling you a liar. Just saying that your comparison is completely incorrect and that a like for like price comparison completely debunks your theory that Apple vs Android prices are similar. The "Note" series were always something different as they have that pen thing. I've never used one as it doesn't really seem like a phone to me, massive screen and fannying about with a pen. Likewise I would never buy a "plus" size phone as I have no need for one.

It's just not complicated to compare "best phone" by one manufacturer with another. Bringing hybrid type devices into it just confuses the issue, whether intentional or not.

0 Not allowed!
      Alternatively, not being an Android fanboy and having little awareness of what happens in Android-land, all I did was look up the most recent Samsung product launch that was described as a flagship.
      Fair enough, apology accepted.
      Checking the league table

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PeterOut View Post
      I can buy a refurbed BT red telephone box for what that will cost
      Bit clunky to carry around all day though.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Hotdogs, extra onions clippedgull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      I get the feeling you have to be very wealthy or very stupid to buy the X. If you really are rich, go for it, I bet it's lovely. But if not, there must be plenty of other ways to spend all that cash.
      Or alternatively sell a current/recent Iphone and upgrade by paying the extra for the 'X'. I'm not saying its not expensive, it is. But if you are in the Apple app garden and want to stay it looks a beautiful phone to own.
      Proud Member Of Team BHAFC since 1974

0 Not allowed!
      $1319 + Tax, Canadian.

I'll stick with my 6.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clippedgull View Post
      Or alternatively sell a current/recent Iphone and upgrade by paying the extra for the 'X'. I'm not saying its not expensive, it is. But if you are in the Apple app garden and want to stay it looks a beautiful phone to own.
      That's not an alternative. What iPhone can you sell for decent money? If you've got a 6 (which is already nice enough), you'll do well to clear £200. So you have a decent phone and need to pay £800 for a different decent phone. As I say, for rich/stupid people. And no complaints from me if you're wealthy, good for you.
      Hotdogs, extra onions clippedgull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      That's not an alternative. What iPhone can you sell for decent money? If you've got a 6 (which is already nice enough), you'll do well to clear £200. So you have a decent phone and need to pay £800 for a different decent phone. As I say, for rich/stupid people. And no complaints from me if you're wealthy, good for you.
      I'm not wealthy or stupid! I've got a 6s+ which I shall be keeping. I thought Iphones held value @Bozza
      Proud Member Of Team BHAFC since 1974

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clippedgull View Post
      I'm not wealthy or stupid! I've got a 6s+ which I shall be keeping.
      Exactly, you've got a decent phone already, no need to spend a fortune upgrading.

iPhones presumably hold their value better than the competition, but that's no saying much. Tech products are quickly outdated and lose a lot of value. Anyone want to buy my 4s for £40, it's mint.