Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone X

The Disowned Masses

0 Not allowed!
    I have been an Android user for many years. However, all of my family have apple devices.... I may move over to Apple at some point. I assume the new model coming out will mean the earlier models are slightly cheaper?
    Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

Visit my Devon Gold Prospecting Blog

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members
      Brynna South Wales (And I'm not Welsh either!)

0 Not allowed!
      1k for a phone, yes a thousand pounds for a phone!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Siri wont even turn on the torch on an IPhone.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by crabface View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Siri wont even turn on the torch on an IPhone.
      yeah but she can Beat Box!
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      Even the plus is bigger than the iPhone X isn't it?

And maybe I'm wrong about which model you should compare to the X, but the S8 is the one that makes sense to me. Samsung's flagships tend to be the S, and the Note is their bigger phablet style thing and not really comparable IMO.
      Correct and correct. But that won't stop Bozza and his fake news that the prices are similar!

As this thread shows, the CHEAPEST iPhone X is actually 420 more expensive than the S8 from giffgaff. Or 72% more expensive to put it another way. The one with decent storage is basically double the price of the Samsung.

Comparing a phablet to a phone is completely disingenuous as most people in the market for a phone are going to buy a phone. The S8 is Samsung's best phone and the iPhone X is Apple's best phone so that is the correct price comparison to make.

Anyway, by the sound of most Apple lovers on here, they've dropped a bollock with the price v wow factor this time, even for most die hard cult members.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kjgood View Post
      It's crazy, prices for everything go up yet we get minimal pay rises that don't really count for shit.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
      I have been an Android user for many years. However, all of my family have apple devices.... I may move over to Apple at some point. I assume the new model coming out will mean the earlier models are slightly cheaper?
      Apple will have a defined range of phones at any given time - they won't sell old stock cheaply, ever, as they switch from one range to another.

I can't recall what older models are being kept on as part of the new range below the 8 / 8 Plus and X. I think the SE was still there at the bottom as a "cheap iPhone" and it may well have then been the 6 still.

If I were to be buying a new iPhone in the near future, I'd be going for the 8 Plus.

Retailers other than Apple may well have discontinued phones (the 7 and 7 Plus at a guess) which may well be discounted to clear, but I can't imagine by much.
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      Correct and correct. But that won't stop Bozza and his fake news that the prices are similar!
      Alternatively, not being an Android fanboy and having little awareness of what happens in Android-land, all I did was look up the most recent Samsung product launch that was described as a flagship.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kjgood View Post
      Maybe it's intentionally high-priced to keep demand low...

"And it will likely be expensive — maybe $1,000 or even $1,500 or more. In many ways, that’s the point.

Why Apple wants to make a luxury phone

To make money, of course. The $700 entry price Apple has used for past phones (and will stick with for the iPhone 8) is a proven winner that has already made Apple more money than any company in the history of the world has made. Apple is really good at making phones that sell in high volume at that price and is able to extract very hefty profit margins for its trouble. So why mess with a winner?

The essential issue is that Apple is torn between two imperatives.

The iPhone’s thing is that it’s the best phone. But the iPhone’s other thing is that it’s the best-selling phone. That means that whatever went into the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 6s had to be things Apple was capable of obtaining or manufacturing in enormous volumes. That necessarily means leaving some technically feasible things on the cutting room floor — including things like no-bezel OLED displays that competitors not blessed with Apple’s sales volumes are already doing.

Hence the appeal of a phone that is deliberately priced too high for most people to buy. The iPhone has never been a cheap product, but at least since the iPhone 4 it’s always been a good value product that appeals to the mass market. The iPhone X won’t be like that. It’s a niche luxury product that will be produced in limited volumes — with about 10,000 made per day, according to recent reports."

From >>> https://www.vox.com/technology/2017/...one-8-iphone-x

(10,000 phones a day (3.65m a year) is nothing to Apple. In the last financial year they sold 211m iPhones.)
      The Disowned Masses

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Apple will have a defined range of phones at any given time - they won't sell old stock cheaply, ever, as they switch from one range to another.

I can't recall what older models are being kept on as part of the new range below the 8 / 8 Plus and X. I think the SE was still there at the bottom as a "cheap iPhone" and it may well have then been the 6 still.

If I were to be buying a new iPhone in the near future, I'd be going for the 8 Plus.

Retailers other than Apple may well have discontinued phones (the 7 and 7 Plus at a guess) which may well be discounted to clear, but I can't imagine by much.
      Thanks. So, some options, if I want a new one.
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

Visit my Devon Gold Prospecting Blog