Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone X

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This isn't just Apple though, is it?

The new Samsung flagship phones are only slightly cheaper (and you'll more than make that back with an iPhone when it comes to resale).

New high-spec phones cost a lot of money.
    I can find the Samsung S8+ for 700 quid. That's quite a difference.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I say this as someone who has had an iPhone since forever.. The keynote yesterday was dreadful and the new phones are as uninspiring as can be. I've been sitting on my upgrade waiting for that keynote, but I'm genuinely having first world problems now deciding whether to switch to a note 8 tomorrow, but I just dunno about android. Last time I used it, it was jank. That was a long time ago though.
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotchegg View Post
      I say this as someone who has had an iPhone since forever.. The keynote yesterday was dreadful and the new phones are as uninspiring as can be. I've been sitting on my upgrade waiting for that keynote, but I'm genuinely having first world problems now deciding whether to switch to a note 8 tomorrow, but I just dunno about android. Last time I used it, it was jank. That was a long time ago though.
      I'd agree with that (I'm on a 7plus) ...but I looked at my son in laws Android phone last week and still hate the OS so just sticking with what I have
      Hotdogs, extra onions clippedgull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      You are probably talking about the new products. But the keynote itself was amateur. Tim Cook and the rest were all over the place with the presenting (autocue nightmares possibly). Loads of empty seats in the auditorium. The complete mess up of the first look at facial recognition on the 'X' when it failed spectacularly and he had to resort to a pass code to get in.
      Proud Member Of Team BHAFC since 1974
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I still have my Iphone 6, I saw the removal of a headphone port as a backwards step so didnt bother to upgrade to the 7 and I will not looking to upgrade anytime soon.

The I Phone 6 does everything I need it to, only issue would be battery life but no one has cracked that yet.

I will be looking a lot closer to what Andrioid phones can offer now, as I am completely priced out of the I-Phone Market. I really hope this fails until prices are massively cut.

0 Not allowed!
      What were you expecting and what more do you think you'll get from the note 8 (besides the S-Pen)?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve in Japan View Post
      I buy my phones from Giffgaff. Just over £600 and unlocked.

https://www.giffgaff.com/mobile-phones/samsung
      KobanÓ liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
      RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Chopper View Post
      Some reporter this morning getting very excited because when he smiled so did his emoji.
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      You see, if I had the new IPhone X I could sent you a talking-turd going blah blah blah.
      Jesus HT, are you ok?
      Checking the league table

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LamieRobertson View Post
      I'd agree with that (I'm on a 7plus) ...but I looked at my son in laws Android phone last week and still hate the OS so just sticking with what I have
      These.

iPhones have stagnated massively, but then you look at Androids and shudder. Not sure where to go from here...
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve in Japan View Post
      I meant the Note 8 which was c£900 when I looked last week-ish.

One difference between Android-land and iPhone-land is that the prices of iPhones will remain the same. Apple set them now and they will stay where they are for the whole release cycle, ie until this time next year. Android phone prices typically fall, and quite quickly, presumably as someone else (LG, HTC, Motorola etc) bring out the next best Android phone ever the month after and the month after that etc.