1 Not allowed!
    Thanks, but no - I'm an Omsung fan-boy, myself

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Bit defensive !

Ok I will rephrase. Apple innovation is dead, really really dead..... ;)
      I'm not defensive in the slightest - I'm pretty sure you've posted pretty much exactly the same for the last few iPhone releases.

Apple have rarely led the way when it comes to bringing new things to phones, but they excel at implementing incredibly well when they do "catch up", generally better than those who did go first. That said, the few hands on I've read of the iPhone X make Face ID seem a bit glitchy, but they've still got 2 months to sort that out.

As has been said on this thread, I'm not sure there's been any great leap of innovation from any party for some time - it's all largely incremental.
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wakeytom View Post
      That is obscene - for a phone that will be updated within 12-18 months?

You can buy a decent laptop for that price. Trying to work out what phone to get next myself - either the Oneplus 5 thing or a cheap Chinese Android really not sure what to go for after my S6
      For those after phone advice, I like this guy:
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMp...TeZEOLy9PFfFxg
      Mattress shopping

0 Not allowed!
      Seems that phones are like cars in that people buy ones that are way overpowered for their needs and full of unecessary gimicks. Why? They show off, it makes them feel important. ......

Not for me, but if you want one......go for it

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      As has been said on this thread, I'm not sure there's been any great leap of innovation from any party for some time - it's all largely incremental.
      Hardly worth wasting a grand on then, surely?
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Some reporter this morning getting very excited because when he smiled so did his emoji.
      Sit down, have a think and get a grip.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Perfidious Albion View Post
      Seems that phones are like cars in that people buy ones that are way overpowered for their needs and full of unecessary gimicks. Why? They show off, it makes them feel important. ......

Not for me, but if you want one......go for it
      You see, if I had the new IPhone X I could sent you a talking-turd going blah blah blah. Certainly not overpowered.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

1 Not allowed!
      Looks absolutely stunning. The drive they're making towards AR is the most fascinating part of all of this for me. This is a continual theme which isn't going away.

We're seeing the iPhone is getting smarter and faster at understanding the world around it. It knows precisely which way it's facing, where it is on earth, how high it is, who's using it and now it even understands what the cameras are looking at!

With the introduction of AR Kit we're already seeing developers taking advantage of that power in very clever ways.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TWOCHOICEStom View Post
      This is just the beginning. As processors get faster, sensors get smaller and more app developers get on board, this is going to explode. It's only a matter of time before this stuff moves from something you have to hold up on a phone, to something you don't need to hold at all.
      Are you confusing the IPhone X with the Samsung Galaxy?
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."